iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Downgraded to 9.3.2 some of my main apps I need to run in background don't work. Example music - Spotify

chadsmo

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

The only time this happens to me is commenting with the Discuss commenting system , I was hoping it would be fixed in the update but sadly it wasn't.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The only time this happens to me is commenting with the Discuss commenting system , I was hoping it would be fixed in the update but sadly it wasn't.

If you're replying to a specific post, please use the quote feature so that readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

As i was reading through the notes i found this...thought i would share with other devs.

From Apple release notes:
Faces in the Photos app do not sync across your devices.
? Functionality that requires adoption from App Store apps, such as iMessage apps, SiriKit, and Maps extensions, will not be available until those apps are able to adopt and submit to the Store.

tae_254

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

Spoke to soon about recent apps not freezing for me anymore on beta 2. After about 9 hours with it installed with no problems all of a sudden it's happened 4 times within the last 5 mins.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Installed on iPhone 6S and iPad Pro 9.7". So far no major issues, and quite a few niggles fixed up for me. Battery life "appears" to be about the same as Beta 1, I admit that it's only been 8 hours of use so far.

3rd party Apps that i know to work reasonably well Overcast, Downcast, 1password, Swipes, Calendar (Readdle), Spark, Airmail, Skype, Zinio, Soundcloud, Notibility, Fantastical, LinkedIn, OneDrive, Zinio, Foxtel Go, Feedly, Slack and Trello (I've used basic functionality of each of these apps at least twice each and not seen a crash or major issue blocking the application function).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Finally got it installed, lock sounds issue is fixed. Keyboard clicks seem to be more consistent and I am noticing less lag while typing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Secondary impressions after roughly 30 minutes, with night shift and auto brightness on it seems the screen is darker now. Also my widgets are all properly sized now. I will post more as I find more things. Hopefully they fixed message functionality on the lock screen.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I noticed the iMessage Store Button is functioning now. Has a few options in there for reinstalling the packs that were purchased on Beta 1. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467786469.089336.jpg

iGraph

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

It's soooo bad that Rest to unlock didn't work!

I really hate the way that  wants us to unlock the device in iOS 10... Please make it wotks in the next Beta, pleaaaaase :straight-face::concern:

IsnBlackburn

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site

Installed straight away on my big iPad Pro, iPhone SE refused to download OTA, trying to get the ipsw from developer.apple.com but also having issues downloading currently.

iPad Pro after a few hours use seems ok for me. One thing to consider is that using IMessage with new stuff such as animations etc, has quite unpredictable results sending to a pre iOS 10 device or Mac. Nothing crashes but not everything gets through (as you'd expect I guess, though there is no indication to the sender that is the case - something they need to sort out for release). Lock screen and using TouchID seems clearer, though still a little confused to me (Do I press or rest my finger for Home or unlock...just seems overly complicated to solve the issue of TouchID being too fast - not entirely successful in current beta 2 I'd say)

Can't see anything new with multi-tasking/split screen/slide over on iPad Pro as yet.

Fundamentals of Swift in Playgrounds has been updated (not sure how yet though - just has an "Updated" banner on it and it wipes any history you have recorded) "Beyond the basics" still not available.

Cheers

Ian

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox