No Shutter Sound in iOS Camera App(covered all obvious causes)..what next?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
No Shutter Sound in iOS Camera App(covered all obvious causes)...

I have a 6s Plus and even with...

Live Photo OFF
Mute switch OFF(Sound on everything else on the phone)
Do Not Disturb is not on.

I still get no shutter sound when taking a picture. I also have Pro Camera and I can here it's shutter sound just fine. Only the iOS camera has no sound.

Anything else to check?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: No Shutter Sound in iOS Camera App(covered all obvious causes)...

I tried that but no go. I also did the reset all settings from the menus but that didn't do anything either.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So as a followup, I did a complete rebuild to a new phone and the sound worked again. So I then restored a backup I did an hour before and after the restore, while it does work, it seems a lot lower volume than when the phone was rebuilt. I'm not sure how to raise it's volume. I have the ringer volume full blast and it's still low.

But at least it works now.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So as a followup, I did a complete rebuild to a new phone and the sound worked again. So I then restored a backup I did an hour before and after the restore, while it does work, it seems a lot lower volume than when the phone was rebuilt. I'm not sure how to raise it's volume. I have the ringer volume full blast and it's still low.

But at least it works now.

Ringer volume is just for ringer and alert sounds. All other audio volume is separate. If you launch your music player and turn up the audio, then launch your camera, the camera shutter will be louder.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Ahh, didn't know that. Thanks. I'm new from Android and am used to having different volume sliders for different sound types.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Ahh, didn't know that. Thanks. I'm new from Android and am used to having different volume sliders for different sound types.

You can swipe up from the bottom of your screen to bring up the Control Center. There is an audio volume slider there, if that helps.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Good to hear you got some progress

Under Settings>Sounds you have the option to change the volume of Ringer and Alerts with the slider or buttons or make it pertinent which is the way I like it

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

That is like the built in keyboard on I devices. The keyboard sound is barely hearable.