New iPhone 6s Plus

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm an old friend coming back to the iOS world. I just ordered a iPhone 6s plus from BB to get hooked up on my UDP for Verizon. I hope I can get this done without screwing up my unlimited data.

Being that i've been out of the iOS world for some time now, I need some help. Is there a current jailbreak for whatever version is on the 6s Plus i just ordered? My sole reason for upgrading is to have a hotspot/tether app like I used on my current android device(FoxFi). Is there an equivalent i can use that doesn't need jailbreak?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
An hotspot / tether app is included in iOS , and it works very well, unless you are looking for something that can circumvent carrier's limitations

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Ok... Good enough. I can live with that.

Is there JB available for the version on the phone out of the box?
Well it depends on how new the iPhone is.
Last jb available, as far as I know, if for iOS 9.2.1.
If the iPhone is brand new, it could have iOS 9.3 installed...

Btw I'm not an expert of jail breaking, so wait for confirmations about the latest iOS jail breakable

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I heard of a guy just the other day who got a 6s+ on 9.0.2. That's what my wife came on back in December, so there's still hope.
Did you buy phone at full retail?
Verizon also bumped unlimited data to$50 a month. It's it really with that to you? I know I dropped down to 18 GB a month when they announced the price increase, and then later went down to 12 GB a month. Sometimes unlimited data sounds better than it actually is.

When you do get jailbroken you will be looking for MyWi or tetherme. I prefer MyWi...

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
You bring up a very good point. I don't think it's worth an added $50... however I never got hit with the first $20 surcharge. That will probably change as soon as they ask me to validate my work discount and i no longer work at that job. I'm sure they will hit me hard with that.

With that said, I should take a look at a tiered plan now.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a sweet deal if 20% off discount because if Bank of America? and my wife stopped working there like 8 years ago!!
Then they sent us that dreaded email or pay stub for verification email? so we had to scramble to find an alternative? ended up with an 18% discount? and I got the surcharge the first day of December last year after getting a warning of it happening in October? so like a 2 month buffer?
I ended up going tiered. And even then with the 2% discount drop, and then adding my SE to the plan this month, I'm paying $20 less a month that I was when I had unlimited data.
I swore that I would never give up my unlimited data too.
?\_(ツ)_/?

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought i'd update everyone.

I've temporarily left iOS again. I took the 6sPlus back to BBY. I'm taking up 3cit's advice and dumping my UDP with VZW and i'm currently evaluating Cricket as a replacement. If it works fine, i'll search swappa and see if i can find a newer device than my Note 3.. which may end up being some version of a iphone 6.

So goodbye for now.... i may be back sooner than later....

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm currently evaluating Cricket as a replacement.

Cricket works fine where I am. If the AT&T wireless signal is strong in your area, you should be fine since it's my understanding that Cricket uses AT&T towers. I plan on dumping Verizon in November and moving to Cricket myself.

polaraman

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So Saturday, i bite the bullet and i left Verizon for ATT. I signed up for DirectTV so i can get unlimited data. They are also sending me a 48" Samsung TV because I signed up for DirectTV and i bought 2 S7 edges. Not a bad deal at all i don't think....

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So Saturday, i bite the bullet and i left Verizon for ATT. I signed up for DirectTV so i can get unlimited data. They are also sending me a 48" Samsung TV because I signed up for DirectTV and i bought 2 S7 edges. Not a bad deal at all i don't think....

I saw that but I don't want another Android unless I can get the bloatware off of it or find a pure one. Jailbreaking my iPhones is a lot easier (IMO) than rooting and Verizon makes it darn hard to root.

But getting a free flat screen sounds tempting. And if you need someone to refer you to DirecTV, let me know. We'll both get $ off our bills. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2