How can I revert to iOS 9.2 from iOS 9.3

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: revert to iOS 9.2

The dates on the blog posts from the articles tell a different story.. like from early February. Even on a few Cydia posts (which do not list date, but you can view comment dates). Peruse the 9.3 betta threads here, and there's a few posts from back then about when Apple stopped signing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=app...rome..69i57.7151j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
What ?? February??
iOS 9.3 was released on March 21st and on March 25th, and iOS 9.2.1 clearly was signed since then...
I PERSONALLY reverted my colleague iPad to iOS 9.2.1 on March 28th for an issue he had. And iOS 9.2.1 was still signed.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Be sure to tell all those journalists that the server their blogs are hosted on has a time/date sync issue.
I don't care about bloggers, but if Apple released iOS (last time) on March 25th, the previous version surely was signed since then AT LEAST. Historically Apple keep signed the previous iOS version for a week or two after release, to permit users with installation issues to revert back, and that fits with my installation on 28th experience.
So a blogger speaking about early February is just spreading bs ;)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Be sure to tell all those journalists that the server their blogs are hosted on has a time/date sync issue.
Lol. I checked better, you misread that.
Your link was related to iOS 9.2, not iOS 9.2.1

As of TODAY iOS 9.2.1 is still signed by Apple.
You can check here:

https://ipsw.me/signed

The situation could change any day from now, as usual

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Edit: the OP asked about 9.2, not 9.2.1.

Your advice was sound and good.... but tossing it in there caused the confusion.
Well, I can't see any particular reason to revert specifically to iOS 9.2 and not iOS 9.2.1
I can just see a reason to revert back to the last iOS 9.2 release available, 9.2.1 it is, if the user is experiencing some issues with iOS 9.3, thus my advice.

Btw after 9.3.1 release I just advice to upgrade to the latest available

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Well, I can't see any particular reason to revert specifically to iOS 9.2 and not iOS 9.2.1
I can just see a reason to revert back to the last iOS 9.2 release available, 9.2.1 it is, if the user is experiencing some issues with iOS 9.3, thus my advice.

Btw after 9.3.1 release I just advice to upgrade to the latest available

Agreed! Still... apologies about the confusion.