Does night mode really help us sleep by making the screen warmer?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely easier on the eyes. I honestly think it's too early to tell if it's help my sleeping habits. My sleeping patterns are pretty bad already. Probably won't take much to help them lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Might all be in my mind but I swear that since switching the schedule to "sunset to sunrise" as opposed to 22:00 to 06:00 (same setting as DND), that I'm sleeping through the night with no wakes in between. Made that change 2 nights ago. Now I'm up at 05:00 on a Saturday with nothing to do.... Maybe some 2K16 while the wife sleeps! Lol

1212forest

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I think it helps me sleep. It is definitely easier on the eyes, and if I have to check it in the night (when I'm on call) it isn't so jarring.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Won't change my sleep habits. They were never normal before smartphones. I do find it a lot more pleasant on the eyes at night though.

la551t3r

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Exactly this... I don't sleep any better or worse due to this feature, however having less blue light (especially on the larger iPhones and/or iPads) goes a long way in the bedroom at night.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
definitely easier on the eyes at night, and i can't really tell if it helps me fall asleep, but i can honestly say it helps a whole lot when you look at the phone when you wake up in the middle of the night and it doesn't burn your eyes.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys, since we have the official release (9.3) does night mode really help us sleep by making the screen warmer?

I am using it right now and will update if it works..

Thanks!

I don't really know if it makes it easier to sleep. It certainly is much much easier on the eyes at night. I love everything about it.