Night Shift - Sunrise/Sunset automation only when GPS is enabled and when disabled it turns off?

jonathanbloom

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
On my iPhone and iPad I can set a time schedule of say 8pm to 7am. When I enable GPS it lets me automate, but then when I turn off GPS and go back to Night Shift the schedule is turned off. Is this an issue others are experiencing? I don't want my GPS on 24/7.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
On my iPhone and iPad I can set a time schedule of say 8pm to 7am. When I enable GPS it lets me automate, but then when I turn off GPS and go back to Night Shift the schedule is turned off. Is this an issue others are experiencing? I don't want my GPS on 24/7.

It's not an issue its how it's supposed to work night shift uses your geolocation and time to enable night shift.

jonathanbloom

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Seems counterintuitive to what I've experienced with Apple Software before. If I disable GPS it turns it off and even when I re-enable GPS schedule isn't re-enabled automatically. Typically from my experience with geolocation it then takes the last known location even when GPS is turned off. The timezone on my iPad looks at my last known location from when GPS was turned on. I am not changing my geographic location that often for night shift to need my precise location at all times.

jonathanbloom

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone, I took the plunge and am keeping Location Services on. I see what you mean, it is less of a drain than it used to be. I am watching what apps are using my location.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you everyone, I took the plunge and am keeping Location Services on. I see what you mean, it is less of a drain than it used to be. I am watching what apps are using my location.

Good call. The options are there to turn them off for certain things. It's helpful for others.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro