Is it ios 9 or apps?

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I was using iPhone 5s (brought as used) awhile back before getting a new iPhone 6.

On my iPhone 5s running iOS 8, everything was ok, no notifications delay or notifications comes in for already read or seen messages etc. I upgrade the iOS 8 to iOS 9, notifications delay etc started after the upgrade, meanwhile when I noticed this, I checked online and most of the search pointed towards hardware issue. I brought my iPhone 5s as used so I felt, the hardware is giving up.

Now to my surprise, same issues of notifications delay, notifications for already read messages is still happening on my new iPhone 6 running iOS 9. Surely it can't be hardware issue now.

Is it iOS 9 having this issue or the apps not working very well on iOS 9? Eg: my yahoo messenger won't give notification when I get a message (locked screen or not), same thing for my hangout.

This is annoying cos I felt getting a new iPhone would solve this but it hasn't.

To add to the issues of notifications delay for new message, no notifications at all, notifications for already read message, I have a glitch on my iPhone, sometimes when I press the home button, part of the screen pushes the app down and the upper part is black (attached is the image)ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1457898874.691940.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you set up your iPhone 6 as new or restore from a backup of a device that was struggling? It may be worth setting up as new to help yourself out.

For the image at the bottom, this is Reachability which is enabled by double touching the home button. This became part of the iOS with the larger screens so they could still be (or more easily be) used one handed. You can disable it at Settings -> General -> Accessibility

Image1457899825.247446.jpg

johnniearchangel

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Robertk thanks for helping with the reachability issue.

Pls what would you suggest I do? Restore my phone as new or what. From what you saying it seems am probably the only one with the issue.

Now what if I set up as new and didn't restore from backup etc and the issue persist, what then?

I thought about it, but I felt it's not possible restoring from a struggling device will affect a new device, I also felt is it my Apple ID?

Pls if you can offer more clarifications and help, will be grateful, thanks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Less of a nuclear option than restore would be to reset all settings. Settings -> General -> Reset

Image1457904190.049886.jpg

If that doesn't do it, maybe the restore is your best bet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is possible restoring a new device from the back up an older device will cause problems. There's times when the problem itself is in the back up. So when you put it on a new device, there it is. I set my new 6s Plus up with the back up of my old 5. Mistake. Restored as new, and the problems were gone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen