Downgrading unsigned?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So there are a few different answers depending on device?
For example, iPhone 4 and below can be put on any iOS that you have device specific blobs for. (Same for ipad1/2?)
I think you can bring the iPhone 5 to iOS 6 with Odysseus.
Anything after the 5 though, specifically the phones with 64bit architectures, you cannot install any old versions, or unsigned, iOS

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For example, iPhone 4 and below can be put on any iOS that you have device specific blobs for. (Same for ipad1/2?)
Anything after the 5 though, specifically the phones with 64bit architectures, you cannot install any old versions, or unsigned, iOS

Thank you for clarifying! I was hoping a jailbreaker would see this and respond.

ryan389

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I have a iPhone 5 so I think I have a chance.

ryan389

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

What if I downgrade to iOS 6 that has no SHSH Blobs and then I upgrade to 9.0.2? Will that work?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That will not.
I skipped iOS 6 so I never paid that much attention to it, but what I've assimilated through other jailbreak research/obsession is that you can downgrade to iOS 6 only through some kind of special magic that the final OTA iOS 6 allows.
But that would be where it ends. Blobs became irrelevant because Apple changed the method of checking whether an iOS can be installed.
So it's the latest iOS 6 jailbreak, or what you have now.
THEORETICALLY there is an iOS 9.2 and 9.3 jailbreak being released within a month / 2 months, but at this point it's a single guy talking, who hasn't been disproven yet? take it with a grain of salt, I am assuming it is BS for now and will be pleasantly surprised if this dude turns out to be legit. (@enMTW)

TL/DR I'm not sure, but I think not. Maybe a new jailbreak soon.

ryan389

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
That will not.
I skipped iOS 6 so I never paid that much attention to it, but what I've assimilated through other jailbreak research/obsession is that you can downgrade to iOS 6 only through some kind of special magic that the final OTA iOS 6 allows.
But that would be where it ends. Blobs became irrelevant because Apple changed the method of checking whether an iOS can be installed.
So it's the latest iOS 6 jailbreak, or what you have now.
THEORETICALLY there is an iOS 9.2 and 9.3 jailbreak being released within a month / 2 months, but at this point it's a single guy talking, who hasn't been disproven yet? take it with a grain of salt, I am assuming it is BS for now and will be pleasantly surprised if this dude turns out to be legit. (@enMTW)

TL/DR I'm not sure, but I think not. Maybe a new jailbreak soon.

Well I heard the iPhone 7 is virtually unjailbreakble which is disspoining

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR