iPads Stuck in DFU Mode- Previously Jailbroken?

umiushi

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I work for a new small business that fixes iPads for a refurbishing company. There is a handful of them (iPad 2s and 4s) that have been tossed aside as being "not able to turn on" and multiple different parts have been used in them such as new LCDs, new digitizers, new batteries, new charge ports, etc; and still do not power up. However, when plugging into the computer the PC recognizes these iPads and they are actually stuck in DFU mode and can't get out. The screen normally does not light up unless being prepared to restore , the apple logo will appear with a bar underneath it, but not always.

iTunes is never able to restore these iPads as they keep getting stuck on "Preparing iPad for restore" or "Waiting for iPad", and when I try to use ipsw files I get an error 3194 or 4014. I already looked at my hosts file and nothing unusual is there. I tried 2 different computers (both Windows as that is all I have access to) and new cords as well.

Has anyone encountered something like this before? Could this indicate the iPads were previously jailbroken? Is there a way to force the software back onto the iPad not through iTunes? Sorry if these questions don't make sense- I don't know much about jailbreaking whatsoever and am not sure if this is even possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

king_o_hill

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
There are other software utilities that can possibly kick it out of DFU mode, but you would kinda need to know what version of iOS is on it.

Maybe you can sell the lot of them as is to recoup some $$?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iOS devices break dude.
If theses units made it to the "scrap" pile where they are being parted out, or pieced back together it could very well be a logic board failure.

umiushi

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
They were piled on me to see if I could get them to work again lol could very well be a logic board problem. The fix seemed so close yet so far

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
redsn0w used to be able to kick devices out of DFU mode. Although, I'm not sure how successful that would be if you're not able to restore from DFU. Something is pretty wrong by that point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77