Photo Stream Question

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I do not have iCloud Photo Library enabled because I have about 75GB of photo. I have MyPhoto Stream enabled on my iPhone and iPad, and when I take a picture on my iPhone, it automatically shows up on both my Mac and my iPad.
1. Will the pictures on my Mac "disappear" after a period of time, or will they remain in the photo app "forever"?
2. It seems as if the pictures that show up on my Mac might be slightly lower resolution? Is this true?
3. If so, and I want to make a photo book, will be only getting the lower res pictures?
4. Should I connect my phone to my Mac and "manually" import the pictures into the Photo app on my Mac?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not have iCloud Photo Library enabled because I have about 75GB of photo. I have MyPhoto Stream enabled on my iPhone and iPad, and when I take a picture on my iPhone, it automatically shows up on both my Mac and my iPad.
1. Will the pictures on my Mac "disappear" after a period of time, or will they remain in the photo app "forever"?
Pics in Photostream have a 30-day limit
2. It seems as if the pictures that show up on my Mac might be slightly lower resolution? Is this true?
I'm not sure, but the resolution for typical use should be more than sufficient.
3. If so, and I want to make a photo book, will be only getting the lower res pictures?
The above answer applies here as well.
4. Should I connect my phone to my Mac and "manually" import the pictures into the Photo app on my Mac?
If you plan to keep those pics for more than 30 days, then yes..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2