Thinking of replacing a WP with an Iphone. Does it have a feature like this?

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have been a Windows Phone user for a long time but I am not impressed with the new phones. This has gotten me thinking of replacing it with an iPhone but there is one feature I can't live without and I am curious if it is built in or can be added with an app. I am in my car a lot and Windows Phone has great BT interaction that keeps my hands from ever touching or looking at the phone. Now can this be enabled somehow with Siri or does anyone know of an app that will do it? I understand this still isn't as safe as not using the phone at all but if you are in the car as much as me it is great to be able to do everything via voice. I am will post a video below, it is rather old, of the interaction, it has been updated a lot since this and works and sounds much better. It has done this since Windows Phone 7.5.

http://youtu.be/ZITRb8eYhmI

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been a Windows Phone user for a long time but I am not impressed with the new phones. This has gotten me thinking of replacing it with an iPhone but there is one feature I can't live without and I am curious if it is built in or can be added with an app. I am in my car a lot and Windows Phone has great BT interaction that keeps my hands from ever touching or looking at the phone. Now can this be enabled somehow with Siri or does anyone know of an app that will do it? I understand this still isn't as safe as not using the phone at all but if you are in the car as much as me it is great to be able to do everything via voice. I am will post a video below, it is rather old, of the interaction, it has been updated a lot since this and works and sounds much better. It has done this since Windows Phone 7.5.

http://youtu.be/ZITRb8eYhmI

I have never been able to get this feature to work on my Windows Phone.

BB-JAM215

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Background noise is always going to be a problem in a car. You didn't make it to Windows Phone 8.1? Microsoft has recently released the 950 and now the 550 models with Windows 10.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a problem with background noise in my car because the mic's built into the radio's have noise cancelation. Yes, I know the new 950, 950 cl and 550 are out. The issue is AT&T only picked up the 950. I would have purchased the 950 XL but they are selling dual sim versions which seem to have a bad battery life. Also, these new phones are ugly as hell. I had a HTC Arrive, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 1520, HTC One M8 for Windows and the best I owned was the Nokia Lumia 1020. I am actually currently running Windows 10 mobile on my HTC One m8 for Windows. Also, this is not me in the video. It is just one I am using to show the feature.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Background noise is always going to be a problem in a car. You didn't make it to Windows Phone 8.1? Microsoft has recently released the 950 and now the 550 models with Windows 10.

He was in the garage!

I do wish Siri had some of those kind of things, but I'll settle for the random taps on the screen to avoid some frustration, and use the speech dictation to do the heavy lifting :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro