Locally-cached files from iCloud Drive, how can I delete them?

c_green38

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Locally-cached files from iCloud Drive

I may be totally overlooking the obvious here, but I can't find a clear answer (or an answer at all) to this question. Let me explain:

- I have some older episodes of Hardcore History saved as .mp3 files in a folder in iCloud Drive.
- I have the "app" for it on the homescreen of my iPhone 6 (running the latest version of iOS).
- If I want to listen to an episode, it downloads the file and lets me listen (awesome!)
- Problem: how can I delete the locally-cached version and keep the file in the cloud? There isn't an obvious answer here (and again, maybe I'm blind... but I can't find how to ).

Any and all help appreciated and welcome.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Locally-cached files from iCloud Drive

If the "app" isn't synced to iCloud Drive then you should be able to simply delete it from within the "app" and not worry about it also deleting from the aforementioned iCloud Drive, in my opinion.

c_green38

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

When I go to hit "delete", it says it will also delete the file from iCloud Drive. There's no clear-cut way to just remove the cached version (at least that I can find). Boo.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

When I go to hit "delete", it says it will also delete the file from iCloud Drive. There's no clear-cut way to just remove the cached version (at least that I can find). Boo.
Is there a setting within the app that allows you to disconnect from iCloud Drive?

c_green38

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I have no idea. If worse comes to worse, I'm putting copies into Dropbox as well. Doesn't hurt to have a backup anyway (plus it's a super easy app to use).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner