Apple ID Verification help

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Starting this afternoon, my iPhone 6 has been asking me to verify my Apple ID and keeps making me enter my password. At first I thought there was an issue, so I changed my password, and even after that it keeps asking me.

The pop up I keep getting says "Apple ID Verification Enter the password for (my ID) in Settings", and gives two options...Not Now and Settings. I have put my password in many times.

Also, now when I open my Settings, I find it weird the way it opens...normally when you open settings, the first thing you see is Airplane Mode at the top of the menu, but mine cuts off most of Airplane Mode.

Is this something I should worry about, or has anyone else been experiencing this at all?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Me too! It's driving me crazy. I have signed in and out, still occurring

When you get a pop up asking for credentials, have you tried entering the info it requests? It could be iCloud trying to do a back up. If your phone is plugged in and asleep, then you pick it up and open it, you may have done so right when iCloud was about to back up. Then it asks for ID verification. Enter the info when asked. Then go to Settings > iCloud > and do a manual back up. As soon as it's done, do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Let us know if that works or not.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Yes it's when it was plugged in. I check last cloud backup and it was successful.
Weird, like it's asking for verification and they going on to do back up anyway?

I will do hard reset, haven't tired that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Yes it's when it was plugged in. I check last cloud backup and it was successful.
Weird, like it's asking for verification and they going on to do back up anyway?

I will do hard reset, haven't tired that.

The back up verification pop up has happened to me a couple times.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR