Do you change the apps on your iOS dock?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been an iOS user since 2010 and have always stuck with the default apps on my dock. This morning I finally gave Apple Music the boot and added Messages. It's not that I don't use Apple Music (I use it a lot actually), I just use Phone, Mail, Safari and Messages more. It made me wonder what others are doing with their docks. Do you stick with the default set of apps or do you switch things up? Why? I'm interested in hearing everyone's responses.

My new and improved dock:
7ae268897414f8a30e03715903fc01e3.jpg

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I booted the Phone app to the very top because I rarely call anymore. I have Mail, Music, Camera, and Messages in the dock on my iPhone. It's a different story on my iPad, where I mostly put the productivity apps that I use the most, like mail, safari, things, evernote, etc.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Mail, Messages, Safari and Camera (apps I most need to get to in a hurry).

Phone was demoted to the Home screen, as I so rarely get or make phone calls.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I booted the Phone app to the very top because I rarely call anymore. I have Mail, Music, Camera, and Messages in the dock on my iPhone. It's a different story on my iPad, where I mostly put the productivity apps that I use the most, like mail, safari, things, evernote, etc.

Mail, Messages, Safari and Camera (apps I most need to get to in a hurry).

Phone was demoted to the Home screen, as I so rarely get or make phone calls.

It's crazy how common it is to hear that people have moved their Phone apps out of the dock, but it goes to show how the way we communicate has changed. I keep Phone app where it is because, as crazy as it sounds, I make and receive a lot of phone calls, especially at work.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Moved messages into the dock last week at the expense of Apple music, why ? because replying to long rambling drunken text messages while reading, is easier !

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have my dock laid out like my Android dock was. Phone, Contacts, Messages, Settings. iOS does a good job of combining phone/contacts but it's how I'm used to using my phone.

My iPad is Flipboard, Safari, Video, Music, Settings. I actually almost never watch videos on my iPad so I should probably put something more useful there lol

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
12 apps on my dock. Usually cycle apps that I use the most for the month.

Attachments

• iMoreAppImg_20151113_204430.jpg
    iMoreAppImg_20151113_204430.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 103

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
12 apps on my dock. Usually cycle apps that I use the most for the month.

Yikes! Way too many ;) but it works for you so that's great. At least there's a way to do it even if you have to jailbreak.

My most used are on the main screen. All the folders like you have are on the next screens. I use spotlight a lot to find what I need.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I used to use the same 4 as you but got rid of mail since I'm no longer in school and don't have my work email come to my phone. And have a folder with music podcast Netflix etc. in its place

59956a7e65f90e498376f8ded1b26d2d.jpg

Last edited:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Phone, Safari, Hangouts, and Messages for me. I'd probably add more if iOS allowed it, or if the icons were smaller.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner