Invisible mail in the Mail app

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've always used the native mail app without any problems. Recently I'm noticing the inbox for my hotmail account always shows one unread email. However, in my hotmail there are no unchecked emails. Anyone had/having this issue? How did you solve it then?

Many thanks!

cyterio#WN

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Someone else on here posted about the same issue. The solution was to go into your email settings, turn off mail for that particular account, reset your phone, reenable your mail, phantom email should be gone. This happened to me several times and this was the easiest solution I found that doesn't require you removing and re-adding the entire account.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Someone else on here posted about the same issue. The solution was to go into your email settings, turn off mail for that particular account, reset your phone, reenable your mail, phantom email should be gone. This happened to me several times and this was the easiest solution I found that doesn't require you removing and re-adding the entire account.

What do you mean by reset? Simply turning off and then back on or something more ominous like factory reset?

cyterio#WN

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Just power down the phone for a minute and then back on. Once you're back up and running, just open up the mail, contacts, calendars, settings, and turn the mail back on for the account you were getting the phantom email.

Yasmin Wadia

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Go to ?Settings?
Select ?Mail, Contact, Calendars?
Select the mail account that shows the unread message.
Turn ?Mail? to ?Off?
Turn the iPhone / iPad off by holding down the power button for 5 seconds and slide to power off.
Wait for 30 seconds, turn the iPhone / iPad back on.
Go to ?Settings?
Select ?Mail, Contact, Calendars?
Select the respective Mail account
Turn ?Mail? back to ?On?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner