iOS 9.1 is making me feel dizzy and giving me headaches.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, however, you can try going to Settings→ General→ Accessibility→ Reduce Motion, and then turn on "Reduce Motion".

DINGSTER1

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just Me is correct. It's motion sickness. A small number of folks are really sensitive to the new motion effects, including me.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I had some miner problem at the beginning with motion. At that time I turned it off but now I have turned it back on again and I have no problem with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When the Parallax effect first started with iOS 7, there were people who got motion sickness. As D' says, toggle reduce motion on in Settings.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When the Parallax effect first started with iOS 7, there were people who got motion sickness. As D' says, toggle reduce motion on in Settings.

This.

I remember the threads about that when it came out. Not everyone was feeling it but there were people who did. A side effect of turning off motion is it seems to make the phone seem more snappy but could be an illusion :)

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Every phone I get since Parallax became a thing I've had to turn off that feature due to my vertigo. iPhones are the worst, but turning on reduced motion completely solves the issue for me.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You should go see a doctor ... you have bigger problems than iOS 9.1 ...

It's the moving background. Change background to a static background. I had same issue and posted about it on the 5S as well as on the 6+. The little "spaceship effect" (I think they call it Parallax or something) that they have isn't worth the potential problems it can cause some people, especially since it's turned on by default.

jarreaga5

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I have actually been feeling the same symptoms.

When I first switched from a droid to an iPhone 6 back in March '15, I started to feel these same symptoms along with headaches and straining my eyes. Was ready to return it, but then I did what everyone here mentioned as far as turning on "Reduce Motion" (along with a few other things) and it helped immediately and I was able to keep my iPhone.

Last Saturday, I updated to IOS 9 and the symptoms came back. Not nearly as bad, but this time I just feel dizzy all the time. So I don't know if its the actual phone, or me.

Thoughts?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2