iOS 9.1/iPhone issues

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
So I'm currently rocking an iPhone 6plus and updated to 9.1 when it was released. It was running great but as of last night I noticed my phone has been acting very buggy. First I noticed that once in awhile when opening up multitask mode (double press home button) it becomes very laggy/choppy. Secondly, last night when trying to update an app from the App Store, every time I pressed the "update" button, nothing would happen and the "update" button would just reappear again. I deleted the said app and tried to redownload it and every time I pressed the little cloud icon, it would just disappear and reappear again. Finally after rebooting my iPhone, resetting network settings, and 20 attempts later, the said app finally started downloading. Also I noticed that every time I rebooted my iPhone and would go into the multitask screen, there would be multiple apps open that I never opened. I would close them all out, and after trying to troubleshoot the whole app download issue by restarting, I would notice those same apps were again open in my multitasks. Today my phone has been really laggy. While texting, I noticed my contacts pictures were off center and had to readjust them. I also noticed in each conversation thread the time stamp would overlap the little light gray arrow. It wasn't until I closed the messaging app and reopened it that it all started to line up correctly again. Now, it seems as though I'm having terrible cell reception. Upload speeds at a crawling .43 even though my phone shows me with 3-4 dots of LTD service. Something doesn't seem right.

Anyone else experiencing strange things happening with their iPhones over the last couple of days?? Any suggestions on how to fix???

iPhone 6 Plus
iOS 9.1
Not jail broken or anything.
With ATT

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As much of a pain as it is, you might want to try restoring your phone in iTunes and preferably setting it up as a new device. It may fix your issues. If it doesn't I would definitely take your phone into an Apple Store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You might want to stop closing all your apps out as well. They work better if you leave them be. Exceptions for those that misbehave. And just because an app is sitting in multitasking, it doesn't mean it's open or running. Most are not.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I'm currently rocking an iPhone 6plus and updated to 9.1 when it was released. It was running great but as of last night I noticed my phone has been acting very buggy. First I noticed that once in awhile when opening up multitask mode (double press home button) it becomes very laggy/choppy. Secondly, last night when trying to update an app from the App Store, every time I pressed the "update" button, nothing would happen and the "update" button would just reappear again. I deleted the said app and tried to redownload it and every time I pressed the little cloud icon, it would just disappear and reappear again. Finally after rebooting my iPhone, resetting network settings, and 20 attempts later, the said app finally started downloading. Also I noticed that every time I rebooted my iPhone and would go into the multitask screen, there would be multiple apps open that I never opened. I would close them all out, and after trying to troubleshoot the whole app download issue by restarting, I would notice those same apps were again open in my multitasks. Today my phone has been really laggy. While texting, I noticed my contacts pictures were off center and had to readjust them. I also noticed in each conversation thread the time stamp would overlap the little light gray arrow. It wasn't until I closed the messaging app and reopened it that it all started to line up correctly again. Now, it seems as though I'm having terrible cell reception. Upload speeds at a crawling .43 even though my phone shows me with 3-4 dots of LTD service. Something doesn't seem right.

Anyone else experiencing strange things happening with their iPhones over the last couple of days?? Any suggestions on how to fix???

iPhone 6 Plus
iOS 9.1
Not jail broken or anything.
With ATT

I feel like my 6s is running even better since I updated it to 9.1.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You might want to stop closing all your apps out as well. They work better if you leave them be. Exceptions for those that misbehave. And just because an app is sitting in multitasking, it doesn't mean it's open or running. Most are not.

I mainly only close out apps like snapchat and Facebook and Twitter and they do run in the background and eat up battery life. Especially Facebook.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's iOS 9 or not but I'm having intermittent screen responsiveness issues. Seem to be getting more frequent. Example is coming out of an app and swiping only to have the screen not respond for a second. Got a Genius appt Monday morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal