"Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less than 10

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Touch ID requires your passcode after 48 hours" after less than 10

I contacted Apple support about this happening on my iPhone 6S+. This was probably 2 weeks ago. They had me reset the phone and set up as new. It was a pain, but it hasn't happened since doing this.

MikeF808

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

I see it every Saturday morning after charging Friday overnight.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Happened on my iPad pro one time hasn't on my 6s plus but that's it

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I contacted Apple support about this happening on my iPhone 6S+. This was probably 2 weeks ago. They had me reset the phone and set up as new. It was a pain, but it hasn't happened since doing this.

I did a clean install after I started having this problem and another problem on my iPhone 6S. I still had the problem last night and then I saw that iOS 9.2 was out. I updated to the new iOS and so far so good. Only time will tell though.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

My sister is experiencing this. She has iOS 9.2 the most current version. Anyone have an idea as to how to fix it? Plus her apps crash like crazy- even email.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Something I noticed the other day when this happened last: My Music app had reset.

I generally keep it running in the background in order to not lose my place in my playlist. The other day, I noticed that when I got the "Touch-ID requires your passcode..." message that the Music app had reset as if I was not in the middle of a playlist. This only happens when I exit the app or the phone reboots.

I think the phone is occasionally crashing when charging overnight, causing this.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm on 9.2.1 and it just happened to me again. I was using the phone about an hour ago. When I tried to unlock with touch id, it wouldn't let me. It seems to just pop up randomly for me.
I contacted Apple support about this last month. They had me erase everything and set up as new. Pain in the **** and it still does it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm on 9.2.1 and it just happened to me again. I was using the phone about an hour ago. When I tried to unlock with touch id, it wouldn't let me. It seems to just pop up randomly for me.
I contacted Apple support about this last month. They had me erase everything and set up as new. Pain in the **** and it still does it.

Just wait until the next OS update. Maybe that will fix it.

saguaro7

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

I've noticed a similar but different message: "Your passcode is required to enable Touch ID." I got this today, despite having used the device last less than 12 hours ago. I suspect this is caused by a Touch-ID or security related process crashing. The message is similar to the "Enter Passcode to Enable Touch ID" shown when fingerprint reading fails 5 times.

If you device were to restart overnight, you'd get "iPad requires your passcode after restarting." Or I think it's "Passcode required after restarting." on iPhone. The messages seem slightly different between iPhone and iPad, but you get a different message if the device restarts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed a similar but different message: "Your passcode is required to enable Touch ID." I got this today, despite having used the device last less than 12 hours ago. I suspect this is caused by a Touch-ID or security related process crashing. The message is similar to the "Enter Passcode to Enable Touch ID" shown when fingerprint reading fails 5 times.

If you device were to restart overnight, you'd get "iPad requires your passcode after restarting." Or I think it's "Passcode required after restarting." on iPhone. The messages seem slightly different between iPhone and iPad, but you get a different message if the device restarts.

I've been getting the same early morning when I wake. But I usually wake a bit earlier and check my lock screen for time and notifications. Then 30 or 40 minutes later it says to "Enter Passcode...". Odd!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Send feedback. I did.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

This is happening on my iPhone and iPad pro. I send feedback every time it happens.

winekey

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site

This behavior is the rule for me if I sleep my iPad Pro (9.3.2) for more than a couple of hours. Uness it's a situation where I sleep it for just a few minutes (answering a phone call, answering nature's call, etc), I am forced to enter my password. It has been this way since I bought it, regardless of resets and a restore and updates. I have a strong password; this annoyance is driving me towards not having a damned password at all! That's probably the opposite of what Apple was trying to accomplish with the 48 hour requirement.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice