Pages versioning

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no appropriate iMore forum for this, but since I use Pages on iOS 9, I chose here.

Some of my documents have versions going back over a year. Does that mean Apple has been working on this for a long time? I was very surprised to see such old versions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Pages app for iOS has had numerous updates and will continue to be updated accordingly and your documents will continue to reflect the changes.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that's not really my question.

By versions, I mean versions of specific documents. I can now revert to earlier versions of a document, going back more than a year, even though the feature just came out in the lates Pages update.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It has probably been keeping them in iCloud for times like this, yes. It would make sense that they would keep that data in iCloud, so when they do roll features out like this, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Of course, this is all theory. The only people who would know for sure would be Apple, and I'm not sure if they would tell us. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that's not really my question.

By versions, I mean versions of specific documents. I can now revert to earlier versions of a document, going back more than a year, even though the feature just came out in the lates Pages update.

I understand. All I can say is enjoy the feature ...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro