Needing to type in password every time on iTunes after moving to iOS 9

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon!

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 9 iTunes is making me reenter my password every time I want to update apps. I don't like having them update automatically so I choose to review them first and update manually. In iOS 8 and previous versions, it's always updated them for me without requiring me to reenter my password. I have it set-up to use Touch ID for new apps and that still does popup for me to use when I download a new app, but updates are making me actually type in the password. It's a little annoying to have to do that each time. Am I missing a setting? I've looked around but can't find anything that I might have set-up weird.

I have an iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Nicole

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I know that when I just set my phone up as new, there was a question along the lines of "do you want to enter your password for free apps?" Which includes updates, I believe. Maybe try logging out of your Apple ID and back in to try and prompt that?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked in Settings >General >Restrictions > password settings> Toggle "Require password" off.
c1505c926a0f5b5e60925f081433944f.jpg

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Laelipoo and Ledsteplin but I tried/checked both and it's still making me sign in every time for updates - UGH!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2