Are any of these iOS 9 glitches fixed in later iOS 9 updates?

sunflowerseeds

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
1. I have the ridiculous number of emails in my inbox unread because I choose to use POP - that is my right. I should not be disadvantaged for doing so, which I am.

2. The message app is glitchy - sometimes I can't get it to type beyond a certain point without shutting the phone or the text app down

3. If I'm on a call, I now can't go into the phone AT ALL once the lock screen has come on from time to time - I certainly don't remember it doing that before as I'm sure I've gone into my notes app while I've been on a call before. That would not be possible now and it?s random - sometimes does it and sometimes it doesn't

4. I get a lot of emails of both my updated iPad and the iPhone that say 'message could not be downloaded from the server' where there is an attachment. I can't figure a work around that. My Mac on Yosemite can download them perfectly fine. I won't be downloading ElCapitain any time soon!!!!

5. when I'm in another application and I get a text and the message pops up for a response on my screen, I cannot just cancel it and carry on. The texts seem to need answering in some way - with a "send" before I can get on with what I was doing. Texts generally are glitchy and sometimes freeze.

6 Cut and paste doesn?t work properly . Seems to get stuck in previous cut and paste and won?t do small things.

Overall glitchy experience. Keyboard pop ups are random and often in the wrong place too.

Really not impressed with this version for my less than one year old phone.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
1. I have the ridiculous number of emails in my inbox unread because I choose to use POP - that is my right. I should not be disadvantaged for doing so, which I am.
That is the behavior of POP email. If you don't like it, switch to IMAP. If you don't want to or cannot switch to IMAP for whatever reason, then you'll have to live with it.

This is one of the reasons I switched to IMAP about a decade ago. IMAP handles multiple access points gracefully, POP does not.

2. The message app is glitchy - sometimes I can't get it to type beyond a certain point without shutting the phone or the text app down

3. If I'm on a call, I now can't go into the phone AT ALL once the lock screen has come on from time to time - I certainly don't remember it doing that before as I'm sure I've gone into my notes app while I've been on a call before. That would not be possible now and it’s random - sometimes does it and sometimes it doesn't
I do not see either of these two issues.

4. I get a lot of emails of both my updated iPad and the iPhone that say 'message could not be downloaded from the server' where there is an attachment. I can't figure a work around that. My Mac on Yosemite can download them perfectly fine. I won't be downloading ElCapitain any time soon!!!!
Rough guess: Switch to IMAP for your email. Or at the least, delete and re-set up your email for that account.

5. when I'm in another application and I get a text and the message pops up for a response on my screen, I cannot just cancel it and carry on. The texts seem to need answering in some way - with a "send" before I can get on with what I was doing. Texts generally are glitchy and sometimes freeze.

I can't say for sure, because I have the Message app's notification to be "banner". Actually, I have ALL of the few notifications I have enabled set to "banner" precisely because I hate popup dialogs that block what I'm doing and steal the focus.

6 Cut and paste doesn’t work properly . Seems to get stuck in previous cut and paste and won’t do small things.
No such problem here. Cut/Copy and Pate work perfectly.

I suggest overall, that you do a full device restore as a new phone and then re-install your apps and re-import your data.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Sunflowerseeds. iOS9.0.2 is running GREAT on my 6s Plus. I read your post and I read nothing about you doing a common problem solver such as a "HARD RESET" so I'm thinking you haven't tried that yet. Hold the power and home button down at the same time until the Apple screen appears and then release and let the iPhone reboot, see if that helps.

virtualkyr

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a 5 and ever since downloading, my FB app crashes and won't allow me to post replies from the FB app, sometimes the screen rotation from H to V or vice versa is not recognized, apps just randomly quit, phone freezes... crazy stuff. Never seen an Apple device act so glitchy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh