Help with Alarms

dawindbag

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a iPhone newb and am having some trouble with the Alarms app. Hoping I'm just not using it right.

I use my phone as my alarm every day and I'm a heavy snooze user, for better or worse. When the iPhone alarm goes off there's a on screen notification with a snooze button, this is fine. Pretty limited but it works. Apparently one way to dismiss the alarm altogether is to open the phone using Touch ID, which I apparently do out of reflex every single morning which means no snooze and I oversleep.

Am I doing something wrong here (aside from automatically hitting touch ID when I pick up the phone)? Shouldn't there be a way to open the phone and keep the alarm going and snooze the alarm from the home screen? If the native app just sucks, is there a 3rd party one I should be using that is more functional?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on your new iPhone. Which one did you purchase? Thare are several in the Apple App Store found right on your iPhone. There might be something in there you can use, just type in "Alarm clocks". ENJOY the site.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm a iPhone newb and am having some trouble with the Alarms app. Hoping I'm just not using it right.

I use my phone as my alarm every day and I'm a heavy snooze user, for better or worse. When the iPhone alarm goes off there's a on screen notification with a snooze button, this is fine. Pretty limited but it works. Apparently one way to dismiss the alarm altogether is to open the phone using Touch ID, which I apparently do out of reflex every single morning which means no snooze and I oversleep.

Am I doing something wrong here (aside from automatically hitting touch ID when I pick up the phone)? Shouldn't there be a way to open the phone and keep the alarm going and snooze the alarm from the home screen? If the native app just sucks, is there a 3rd party one I should be using that is more functional?

I've been using the alarm in the clock app for years with no problems. One work around for you would be to set 2 alarms, rather than use snooze. Set 1st for say 6:00 am. Set 2nd for 6:15 am. Etc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW