Battery life worse than iOS 8?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple said we should expect an hour of more battery, but so far my 6 has been awful. It drops down to around 20% when the lowest it used to go at the end of the day was 70%

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Can you show the battery use log? It would be interesting to compare your experience with others. Are you sure the drain isn't coming from a rogue app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooks308

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a brand new 6 Plus and the battery life on iOS8 was great. After owning it for 2-3 days I put iOS9.0 on it and the battery life was terrible. I took a friend's advice and downloaded the 9.1 public beta and turned on low power mode. So far so good. Sadly i'm afraid to turn low power mode off, but i'm sure I will eventually.

While I cannot provide detailed insight on non-low power mode on 9.1 I can say that 9.0 was really killing me. I looked at the battery usage and the only thing I could see that really used up battery life was my DirecTV app, but I hadn't even used it that much.

Oh more detail. This is a 128GB 6 Plus and I set it up as new.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
On my 6 plus I haven't noticed any difference in battery life since going to iOS 9. Maybe a small improvement? But definitely not worse

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have found that iOS 9 shows me a more correct statistic of how much usage I am getting than iOS 8 did. That may be the case for many here as well.

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Battery life (iPhone 6) has been good for both iOS 8 and 9. But as mentioned, I get a more detailed view on what apps are using the battery, both on screen and background.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
No change noticed on my 6plus... kept low power mode on one day, still no noticeable change... which is not a bad thing... still good battery life... just no real change that i've noticed...

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Battery life hasn't really changed but I can't help but laugh and be pissed at all the rumors going around saying that Apple optimized iOS9 for older hardware. My 6 doesn't run a bit better and now has some lag during certain animations. Where did these people even hear this crap from? At best, iOS 9 should've been called 8.5.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Battery life for my 6+ has been downright god-awful. Prior to 8.4.1 I could get a full day of use and end the day with 20% or more when plugging in the charger before bed.

I installed iOS9 immediately upon public release, hoping there would be improvements, but battery life has been even worse. 9.0.1 has been pitiful as well. My phone has been on for four hours and with moderate use I'm down to 61%. This is sooooo not right compared to the battery life & performance I was getting before.