Siri "listening" Chime - missing on iPhone in iOS 9

Michael Deis

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to restore the missing double chime on my iPhone in iOS 9? The double chime that lets you know that Siri is listening is no longer available on my iPhone 5s since upgrading to iOS 9. Siri still chimes on my iPad mini after upgrading to iOS 9. Seems odd that Siri presents an inconsistent user interface across devices.

Is there any way to get the double chime back on my iPhone? Apple Tier 1 chat support was unable to help and the Apple Genius I went to said that this was a change in Siri since iOS 9. How do you know she is listening if you don't get the double chime when pressing the home button?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to restore the missing double chime on my iPhone in iOS 9? The double chime that lets you know that Siri is listening is no longer available on my iPhone 5s since upgrading to iOS 9. Siri still chimes on my iPad mini after upgrading to iOS 9. Seems odd that Siri presents an inconsistent user interface across devices.

Is there any way to get the double chime back on my iPhone? Apple Tier 1 chat support was unable to help and the Apple Genius I went to said that this was a change in Siri since iOS 9. How do you know she is listening if you don't get the double chime when pressing the home button?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

I miss the chime to. Was a very helpful indicator Siri was listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfoell

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I think this is more than an inconvenience. I have had a great deal of difficultly talking to siri since the upgrade to ios 9. When I press the button, I see a wave-like graphic at the bottom of the screen which seems to indicate that she is present, yet she usually does not hear me. I have to do it several times. I think that apple needs to work on this.

In addition - the beauty of using siri is that you can input data WITHOUT LOOKING at the phone. The chime facilitated that interaction. Now I have to look down from whatever I am doing to see when she is ready.

BAD DESIGN!

David

bascochick

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree! I'm so irritated with them changing this feature. I've had to tell siri multiple times the same thing because she's not listening like it says she is. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2