Notification sounds issue in iOS 9

LoneDahu

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. I already did two restores from itunes but it is always the same, no notification sounds. It happens on lock screen and even when iPhone is unlocked.

I reproduce the problem, it happens for the first notification after opening an app as Plan, Google maps, facebook... So it is not all the time but make me crazy when i miss a phone call, messages or whatsapp messages.

nicellis

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having these same sound issues with notifications for many apps. All of my family having the same problems too. Sounds work sporadically, whether it's for imessages, emails or any other app. Hope they pull out a bug fix soon - Really annoying...

PureView

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Factory resetting and restoring the backup made no difference. I'm not sure I can wait till iOS 9.1 for Apple to resolve this s***. I've missed so many notifications from WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Outlook it's quite infuriating.

cooptink1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I followed these steps and it's working now, for the time being:

Notification sound missing on iPhone/iPad after iOS 9 upgrade

A few users are reportedly complaining about losing notification sound with incoming calls, texts, emails, FaceTime, games and several other apps, following the latest iOS upgrade on their iPhone/iPad. If you are among the affected users, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the problem:

-Go to Settings and ensure the Do Not Disturb feature is not activated. Also check the volume on the ringer.
-Ensure the mute button is not turned on. Your iPhone could be silenced in mute mode. Flick the Mute button on and off several times to correct the problem.
-Go to Settings > General > Reset and then choose to Reset Network Settings.
-Hold the home and lock button together for few seconds until the iPhone restarts itself.
-Finally, go to Notifications and disable notifications for messages. Power off your phone and turn it on again.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Im experiencing this still with WhatsApp, Kakao & Kik. Its kinda annoying when I look down at my phone and see a bunch of notifications but not a peep from my phone to incite me to check.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Same issues - updated both my wife's phone and mine ( 6+ / 6 ) on iTunes yesterday ( 8.4.1 to 9.0.1) Notification sounds now intermittent - only since update- Updated on iTunes .

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
As discussed in my post re Airdrop problems - I'm hoping that when the affected apps ( WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and the GMail -from Google - app ) next have updates ( for iOS 9 ) that the notifications issue will be rectified , probably prior to the release of iOS 9.1

Last edited:

kgaleview

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
In my case the problem of no sound got resolved when I in the notification center selected a combination of " sound and alert '
settings.
Hope it helps.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I turned on the iPhone 6s, let it update to 9.0.1 and used it for about an hour, then reset it to a clean install (now on 9.0.1) and no issues with that. However, I have noticed if I have the volume all the way up, when I send a text, that sent message noise sounds raspy and distorted. If I lower the volume one notch, it's fine. Not a big issue though...

dcuk7

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I am also having this issue with my 6S. Restored from the backup of my 6 and noticed that some notifications (texts, whatsapp, etc) would sometimes make a notification sound and other times not. Decided to wipe the phone and start again clean but the issue is still there.

A complete restore does not seem to rectify the issue.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
That also seems to point at possibly an issue with the update status of certain 3rd party apps. My WhatsApp last updated 02 Sept without any mention of iOS 9 ) and most of its updates in the past were early in any given month. Likewise my 'messenger' for Facebook was last updated before the iOS 9 release, and it's update did not mention iOS 9 either .... So it's a bit of a waiting game, and I will not be doing anything drastic to the phone itself. Changing the notification from 'banner' to 'alert' has at least temporarily solved the WhatsApp silence . More 'vetting' of third party apps and their updating may also be being delayed as the Chinese hack scandal and its trickle down are investigated ....

davidnicholas59

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have. More specifically the tone on the phone seems to be wiped. I used to use the cricket as a calendar tone. Then at iOS9 it disappeared. I bought a new cricket tone, assigned it, and after a day, the tone is marked as still there but plays the same as None. So removed it from phone, synched, readied, resented. It was back for a day, then same. I've just repeated the remove, re-add.

PureView

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
How is it that none of the popular bloggers aren't having this issue? I refuse to believe that it's limited to us users only. I've seen no mention of it from Rene Ritchie, and I know he uses Tweetbot, which is included in the app list which has this issue.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The only apps that I use with sound notification active are the Phone app and Messages. I've not had any issues where I've missed an audible alert on my phone.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2