Does News App work for Anyone?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had really been looking forward to the News app, but on both my iPhone 5s and iPad 4, it crashes as soon as I tap on any article to see the story.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Works fine. It's just lame. I don't like what it shows. Not enough news report options per site.
I get the feeling I only get what Apple wants me to see.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the News App. I'm sure in time there will be some improvements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It will work for iMore, but that's it. I selected New York Islanders as a topic, and every story crashes. Fox News, all crashes. What news services did you choose? I'll try those. Anyone willing to try Fox News on News app and see if it crashes for you?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Works for me. Right now all I have is iMore and the NY Times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, those two don't make it crash for me either. I guess if you only want iMore and NYT, this is the app for you. I'll have to move it to my pre-installed crapps folder until they make it usable.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The app works fine here. But it's a firehose from your selected site(s). No content control by genre or type, only by source. Which makes it mostly useless IMO.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Works fine for me but I haven't used it that much. It's pretty lackluster for me. I'm sure, just like any other new service, it will get better in time.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I tried the News app last night for the heck of it. Is this app going to stay free or will I have to subscribe to it
eventually?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR