iOS 9 - only problems so far

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry that you are having problems. I haven't had any so far. So I guess that I'm lucky. I have been loving this update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check that tomorrow as we're all turning in for the night and my son has gone to bed with his phone plugged in on his night stand as he uses it for his morning alarm. I don't recall seeing the option prior to a successful activation.

On my own device this is what I see. I only use the top option which is my phone # for iMessage and FaceTime.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442541372.944185.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442541224.032168.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442541224.032168.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 150

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On my own device this is what I see. I only use the top option which is my phone # for iMessage and FaceTime.

View attachment 91778

Right. I do the same. No need for an email address unless you're using an iPad. I used to have emails listed along with the number, but iOS 8 changed how it worked. So I removed the emails. But each device should have "sent and Receive", with their Apple ID like yours. Do the other devices not have an Apple ID?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Right. I do the same. No need for an email address unless you're using an iPad. I used to have emails listed along with the number, but iOS 8 changed how it worked. So I removed the emails. But each device should have "sent and Receive", with their Apple ID like yours. Do the other devices not have an Apple ID?

I don't even recall seeing the "send and receive" options on the device in question. With work today for myself and my son at school I plan on looking into it more extensively this weekend. Thinking my next step may have to be "restore as new" which has to be done on the computer via iTunes correct?

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

There is no way I'm restoring as new. I have years of saved data on my account. This shouldn't be the solution, Apple needs to fix this asap!! Just imagine if they would have not "focused" on what they promised for iOS 9, would've been a real nightmare, to say the least. I really don't understand how this could happen.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Im very disappointed with iOS9 so far.

iPhone battery has been the worst i've ever seen on any iPhone. Charged to 100% and went to sleep. After 8 hours only in standby my battery dropped to 79%, never seen something like that.
(iPhone 6)

Vainglory on iPad Air is stuttering like hell. Before iOS9 i have never had any kind of problem, always super smooth.

They really tested it for several months to come up with this ???? I want iOS 8 back .... Cant use my iOS devices like this

Completely not my experience.
And my battery life is excellent.
These are from this morning.
28f2e3404dd41dd8242edb603ca09f36.jpg

d9430a373bb1689a0db175556ee3f73e.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't even recall seeing the "send and receive" options on the device in question. With work today for myself and my son at school I plan on looking into it more extensively this weekend. Thinking my next step may have to be "restore as new" which has to be done on the computer via iTunes correct?

You could try "reset all settIngs" if there is no sent and Receive. Does that phone have an Apple ID? If reset all settings doesn't work, then restore as new. Not from a back up.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
You could try "reset all settIngs" if there is no sent and Receive. Does that phone have an Apple ID? If reset all settings doesn't work, then restore as new. Not from a back up.

I will try that also. The phone is set up with its own Apple ID. Just seems odd because he is signed into his Apple ID in the "iCloud" area of the settings yet we are unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Like QB, this has not been my experience at all, everything has been beyond perfect.
IOS 7 destroyed my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, enough to cause me to leave Apple for 18 months (BIG mistake, lol) so when I came back with the iPad Air and iPhone 6, I made sure I set up my devices exactly how Apple intends for them to work, maniacally followed through with all the updates as they came in, I have no idea if that helped in keeping IOS 9 smooth and steady or if it was just pure dumb luck but holy petunias this time, I'm having a blast!

Battery life will often tank to alarmingly low levels when the IOS is upgraded but in my experience only for a couple of days, it's almost as if the device needs a couple of days to acquaint itself with the new IOS and then BAM!! it stabilizes itself and now my battery life is greatly improved on both my Air 2 and my 6 Plus. Not sure about my iTouch 5th gen, yet.

I also find my phone and iPad much faster and smoother than before.

The new bells and whistles are just pure coolness.

Sean is going to faint but for the first time ever, I have nothing but praise for the IOS update. *iz happy* :biggrin: :yes: :heart: :cool: :love-struck:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Like QB, this has not been my experience at all, everything has been beyond perfect.
IOS 7 destroyed my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, enough to cause me to leave Apple for 18 months (BIG mistake, lol) so when I came back with the iPad Air and iPhone 6, I made sure I set up my devices exactly how Apple intends for them to work, maniacally followed through with all the updates as they came in, I have no idea if that helped in keeping IOS 9 smooth and steady or if it was just pure dumb luck but holy petunias this time, I'm having a blast!

Battery life will often tank to alarmingly low levels when the IOS is upgraded but in my experience only for a couple of days, it's almost as if the device needs a couple of days to acquaint itself with the new IOS and then BAM!! it stabilizes itself and now my battery life is greatly improved on both my Air 2 and my 6 Plus. Not sure about my iTouch 5th gen, yet.

I also find my phone and iPad much faster and smoother than before.

The new bells and whistles are just pure coolness.

Sean is going to faint but for the first time ever, I have nothing but praise for the IOS update. *iz happy* :biggrin: :yes: :heart: :cool: :love-struck:

What exactly did iOS 7 do to destroy your 5? 10 words or less! :D

aod33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing really to contribute, just wanted to add everything seems to be running fine on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9 update. So far I'm liking it.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Modern lithium batteries do not develop memory or require calibration. They also do not like being completely drained or staying fully charged. You are hurting your battery, not helping it by doing that.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that you are having problems. I haven't had any so far. So I guess that I'm lucky. I have been loving this update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 6 Plus was at 87% when I got home from work at 7pm.

I last charged it last night at 9pm.

Man, iOS 9 is THE WORST.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
There is no way I'm restoring as new. I have years of saved data on my account. This shouldn't be the solution, Apple needs to fix this asap!! Just imagine if they would have not "focused" on what they promised for iOS 9, would've been a real nightmare, to say the least. I really don't understand how this could happen.

You do realize every tech company ever has 'factory reset and restore as new" as their first tech support suggestion, right?

The only thing you can rely on with electronics is that they'll break at some point. It just happens.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Mark Dickson

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
"Just restore as new". That's one sweet solution. Just trash all the time and effort you've spent configuring the phone for the last 6 months because your developers and QA goons screwed up.

jaya_man

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have posted this in a similar thread. Probably wouldn't hurt to share it here as well. Just discovered some bug with reachability in the new News App. At least it doesn't behave in the same manner as in other screens and apps.

With reachability, tapping twice on the home button will bring the screen half-way down thus allowing easy reach of the back buttons. Once back button is tapped, the screen automatically returns to full view.

This isn't the case from within the new News app. We would need to double tap the home button again to manually bring back to full view. Somewhat annoying. Hope Apple fixes this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR