iOS 9 - only problems so far

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I will try that also. The phone is set up with its own Apple ID. Just seems odd because he is signed into his Apple ID in the "iCloud" area of the settings yet we are unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime.

FYI - I've restored my sons phone as new and all appears to be working fine so far.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Modern lithium batteries do not develop memory or require calibration. They also do not like being completely drained or staying fully charged. You are hurting your battery, not helping it by doing that.

No, they don't. Folks are confused. It's not the battery that needs calibrating. It's the % guage. And allowing the battery to run down to 1%, then charge it up to 100% plus, helps regulate it so it shows more correctly. It doesn't hurt the battery. Charging often will.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
No, they don't. Folks are confused. It's not the battery that needs calibrating. It's the % guage. And allowing the battery to run down to 1%, then charge it up to 100% plus, helps regulate it so it shows more correctly. It doesn't hurt the battery. Charging often will.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine. There is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life. The exception may be a periodic calibration of the fuel gauge on a smart battery or intelligent device.

The last sentence agrees with your claim that the % gauge needs a reset.

As for keeping the battery at 100%

Lithium-ion suffers from stress when exposed to heat, so does keeping a cell at a high charge voltage. A battery dwelling above 30?C (86?F) is considered elevated temperature and for most Li-ion, a voltage above 4.10V/cell is deemed as high voltage. Exposing the battery to high temperature and dwelling in a full state-of-charge for an extended time can be more stressful than cycling. Table 3 demonstrates capacity loss as a function of temperature and SoC.

and

Li-ion does not need to be fully charged, as is the case with lead acid, nor is it desirable to do so. In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because a high voltage stresses the battery. Choosing a lower voltage threshold, or eliminating the saturation charge altogether, prolongs battery life

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nearly everyone charges overnight without ill effects.
Leaving it on the charger an extra 30 minutes after it reaches 100% will not hurt it. It's like the car gas gauge. When it gets to full, it'll hold more. Leaving the battery to charge past what the % says gets it up to full. When it reaches full, it stops. It will not overcharge.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/expert-advice-on-how-to-avoid-destroying-your-phones-battery/

http://mashable.com/2014/06/18/phone-charging-myths/#tiAZaJRdCEkH

Jude3435

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that's been the case for you. I have an iPhone 6 as well, but I'm experiencing the exact opposite in the area of battery life. I'm finding that it's much improved. I use my phone constantly, too.

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm using iOS 9 in my iPhone 6.
There are some bugs in new iOS.
1. Some times , there comes messages and I iMessage but not coming sounds, noting comes to notifications...
2. Some times, iPhone using effects losing, like reduce motions enabled but motions are not activated and lose effects....
3. In my iPhone, when I update updated apps, there are no blue dots some updates, some updated apps has blue dots...
4. When I connect to my iTunes , updated apps in my iPhone, updated apps cannot transferring to in my iTunes library....
5. iTunes 12.3 always asks for iCloud password whenever I open it? I can't rid of this issue ?
6. Some apps like games English and my default language is Turkish but Turkish games changed to English...
7. Contact pictures that I've created after iOS 9, can not seen in messages app, it shows name and surname first Characters of contacts.

iHarika iPhone'umdan g?nderildi.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
My experience so far with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 has been lag and stuttering when changing between apps, or delay when opening the keyboard and sliding over to the left screen to the suggestions screen. It's not really that bad but there was no lag or anything before iOS 9. Everything worked smooth as silk. I'm getting a new 6s so it'll be ok to use until I get my new device. Maybe it will smooth out with time. :)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with some of the people that this is the worst iOS update that I have experienced with. A lot of things here and there don't work properly on my phone since I update it and I'm using iPhone 6. Don't know how long will it be until Apple fixed these issues on this iOS

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with some of the people that this is the worst iOS update that I have experienced with. A lot of things here and there don't work properly on my phone since I update it and I'm using iPhone 6. Don't know how long will it be until Apple fixed these issues on this iOS

What problem do you have?

Alister Sim

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to iOS9 today. Install went smooth. Signed in and that is when the fit hit the shan. Completely frozen. Reboots do not work. Can not enter pass code. I do receive phone calls and texts but all I can do is listen to the ring.

Suggestions please

Thank you

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You do realize every tech company ever has 'factory reset and restore as new" as their first tech support suggestion, right?

The only thing you can rely on with electronics is that they'll break at some point. It just happens.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Very well aware, that's how i know im screwed.

Alister Sim

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
You do realize every tech company ever has 'factory reset and restore as new" as their first tech support suggestion, right?

The only thing you can rely on with electronics is that they'll break at some point. It just happens.

Jeez thanks for the wonderful lecture. Perhaps you have some practical advice?

Alister Sim

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps you should read. My problem is that the screen is frozen after the installation of iOS 9. One cannot restore a frozen screen. Please drop the drama and provide practical advice if you are capable. I am not here as entertainment and your obvious slight referring to me a "newbie" is again...not practical advice. Just childish name calling and useless judgement.

If you can offer PRACTICAL ADVICE please do. If you can not, please do not reply.

Thanks...Oh and ...Have a great day!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Put it into DFU mode and restore as new. I'm sure you can handle googling that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh