iOS 9 bugs

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My apps update but I have to manually update them which is annoying because I do have the auto update on with all my apps. A full restore many be in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears there's a delay with auto updates similar to the delays with the app store notifications. Many saw this in iOS 8. They never would have known had they not been going to the App Store. But they go and see there's an update, then do it manually. If you left them alone, they would update at some point. I don't like using auto update, so I haven't seen it. But my App Store notifications do that way. I rarely see the red badge on the App Store app.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. The "select all" option in Notes is gone. Makes it difficult to copy all of it.
2. Notifications seem messed up. I got a Reminder notification at 2:00 am I should have got at 9:00 pm. It came back on my lock screen when I woke at 5:10.am. Other notification issues.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
1. The "select all" option in Notes is gone. Makes it difficult to copy all of it.
2. Notifications seem messed up. I got a Reminder notification at 2:00 am I should have got at 9:00 pm. It came back on my lock screen when I woke at 5:10.am. Other notification issues.

I noticed if you go an already established note and press it won't give you "select all" but if you tap the note you get the "done" button up n the corner and it will let you then press and select all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed if you go an already established note and press it won't give you "select all" but if you tap the note you get the "done" button up n the corner and it will let you then press and select all.

If I put the cursor between words, it will show.

idrisinan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm using iOS 9 in my iPhone 6.
There are some bugs in new iOS.
1. Some times , there comes messages and I iMessage but not coming sounds, noting comes to notifications...
2. Some times, iPhone using effects losing, like reduce motions enabled but motions are not activated and lose effects....
3. In my iPhone, when I update updated apps, there are no blue dots some updates, some updated apps has blue dots...
4. When I connect to my iTunes , updated apps in my iPhone, updated apps cannot transferring to in my iTunes library....
5. iTunes 12.3 always asks for iCloud password whenever I open it? I can't rid of this issue ?
6. Some apps like games English and my default language is Turkish but Turkish games changed to English...
7. Contact pictures that I've created after iOS 9, can not seen in messages app, it shows name and surname first Characters of contacts.

iHarika iPhone'umdan g?nderildi.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Experiencing major keyboard lag in Google Docs on iPad 3. Yeah, I know it's an old device. But never had lag issues like this before iOS 9. Other typing works fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait for the next update to solve these problems IdriSinan

I agree, for those that are having problems with the iOS9 update, I do believe that iOS9.1 will fix a lot of issues, especially since the iOS9.1 beta was released even before the iOS9 was released. It's almost like Apple knew iOS9 was going to be full of bugs for some iPhones.....just my 0.2 cents

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I suspect some of the crinkles I see are because my 5 is old and like older phones do, they don't fare well with the newest OS. It's doing mostly ok though. She only has a few more days to endure the pain.

CanadianOwk92

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I have been making a list of bugs as I find them. Here is what I have found so far (iPad Air 2/iPhone 5):

1. Closing hand gesture to quit on iPad doesn't work consistently
2. In iMessage you can press and hold on a message to bring up options including copying or forwarding the message. In iOS9 if the text has a link, date or time highlighted in the message, you can't copy the whole message regardless of where you hold your finger inside the bubble. It now defaults to the closest highlighted element.
3. on iPhone. When waking the phone there seems to be a delay before you can type the first digit in the passcode.
4. I tried downloading the new versions of the iOS9 guides for iPad and iPhone using iTunes. Every time I tried downloading the guide it would get to 85% then crap out. I tried the same thing on iTunes on my desktop and it worked immediately. I was then able to connect my iPad to the computer and drag and drop the files onto the iPad. I have also had one example of a similar problem updating an App on my iPhone. I ended up deleting the App, re-booting the iPhone then I re-installed the app.
5. In the Mail app on my iPhone I received an email with two pdf attachments. One of the attachments appeared at the bottom of the email as expected. The other appeared in the middle of the text of the email.
6. Sometimes in iMessage if you change the orientation of the phone the dictation function doesn't redraw itself properly and it ends up blocking the text input box.

A couple of enhancements I would like to see:

1. Would love the ability to use the highlighter in Notes to highlight text.
2. In Safari if you are using a Bluetooth keyboard Control-Left and Control-Right should work like they do on the desktop. That is you should be able to go forward and back within the same webpage.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm noticing that the option to delete recently used email addresses is no longer available. When you tap the "i" the only options available are send message, share contact, create new contact, add to existing contact...delete is not available. Anyone else notice this?

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Does this mean it could be a problem with the App Store?
There is only a problem with the update policy from apple, to make this ios updates worldwide at the same time. Which means that (1) everybody is downloading the ios update and (b) everybody update the same apps for ios 9. I am sure this will be solved in some days, when not already solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR