iOS 9 bugs

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Disable news in Siri suggestions reboot your device, enable it back in Siri suggestions and reboot your device again. If it doesn't work, I don't have another answer.

In the betas there were cases known of it being visible after a few hours or so. Just be patient once you've done like I said.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is worse.

This was an in-place upgrade using iTunes (did not restore the device to factory settings and re-install the apps).
I'll wait for 9.x update to see if this is fixed/improved before doing that.

I see nothing unusual in the Settings -> Battery screen.

Are you using the phone more checking stuff out and such? That would cause more battety usage.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes I too am facing the same problem with app updates. After updating to iOS 9 and opening the app store it shows that there are 6 apps pending to be updated, however I can only find the OPEN button next to the app. There is no update button. I tried putting off my phone and starting it again but it hasn't changed anything. I updated my phone OTA. Before the update never had this problem.

I had the exact same problem. I deleted each app and re-installed them. After that, all the updates worked normally. It seems to be a first time issue only. I think I had apps waiting to update when I ran the iOS 9 upgrade, so those were the ones that became problems.

oneMJL

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
If you remove the Falcons banner and put a NY Giants banner in its place you will get better battery life and a super bowl win this year. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well it's been 6-7 hours now. Nothing.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Do you have any news orgs apps on your phone? Like Fox or CNN? Try downloading a couple and toggle them on in Spotlight Search in Settings.
I don't think it helps. It only shows the New York Times and CNN. I don't like either. LOL I won't get my news from Spotlight Search.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't hear an activation alert when trying to access Siri via the home button, yet the alert works when using "Hey, Siri". I've tried rebooting and even a restore and nothing works. Has this happened to anyone else?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Copy/paste has become pretty frustrating. You highlight your text and and the copy option doesn't come up. It just pops up the magnifying glass and you lose your selection. It's pretty intermittent behavior. I like the new rectangle magnifying glass when selecting text though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Same. And still have it on 9.1. Have filed a number of radars. It seems to be an issues with the display/reading and not the battery itself. If you reboot it will normally show the correct value. If not, it will just sit on 1% for hours and you'll still get normal usage (just without knowing how much you really have left).

Since updating to iOS 9 I noticed that once I get that 20% battery warning the phone only lasts a few minutes after that. It goes to 10% and then zero in a fraction of the time it used to. This is on my 6 Plus, I hope I don't have the same issue when I get my 6s Plus next week.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So irritating that I can't update my apps. I had had this problem in the betas as well. Anyone else having this?? Or other bugs you guys are dealing with??

My apps update but I have to manually update them which is annoying because I do have the auto update on with all my apps. A full restore many be in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen