iOS 9 bugs

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having to put in my iTunes password to DECLINE app requests from my kids in Family Sharing. Very odd. No iMessage pics. If I open a notification from a forum from an email it gives me the little "back to mail" arrow in Safari but will not let me continue in Safari, the page goes blank and then I have to go back to mail and reopen in Safari. What I read in the iMore ios9 guide is its supposed to let you continue on.

When in doubt, do a hard reset. Maybe that will help. Let us know!

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Question for ya- I thought prior to iOS 9, when I force closes Safari, and then reloaded it, it would be load my homepage or whatever. Since on iOS 9, when I do so, it still reloads the last web page visited. Is that what it still should be doing?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
When in doubt, do a hard reset. Maybe that will help. Let us know!

I have with no luck. I may try a fresh install and see if that helps. Other than those little hiccups, I like iOS 9 overall. I find myself using the search page much more than I thought I would. Wish you could turn off the newsfeed though. Ignoring it seems to work, haha. Thanks for the reply.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have with no luck. I may try a fresh install and see if that helps. Other than those little hiccups, I like iOS 9 overall. I find myself using the search page much more than I thought I would. Wish you could turn off the newsfeed though. Ignoring it seems to work, haha. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, restore as new.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that there should be a way to disable the newsfeed. I liked the fact that Windows Phone's Cortana let you choose what information you wanted to see. Maybe more customization will come along down the road.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to iOS 9 I noticed that once I get that 20% battery warning the phone only lasts a few minutes after that. It goes to 10% and then zero in a fraction of the time it used to. This is on my 6 Plus, I hope I don't have the same issue when I get my 6s Plus next week.

jaya_man

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered some bug with reachability in the new News App. At least it doesn't behave in the same manner as in other screens and apps.

With reachability, tapping twice on the home button will bring the screen half-way down thus allowing easy reach of the back buttons. Once back button is tapped, the screen automatically returns to full view.

This isn't the case from within the new News app. We would need to double tap the home button again to manually bring back to full view. Somewhat annoying. Hope Apple fixes this.

Last edited:

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having that problem too....and it bugs the flack outta me.

It'll come & go, but for the most part it's there. I'm kinda use to it now. Wish apple would send out a bug fix for all these issues ppl are experiencing. iOS 9 is great though besides this.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
My battery life is worse.

This was an in-place upgrade using iTunes (did not restore the device to factory settings and re-install the apps).
I'll wait for 9.x update to see if this is fixed/improved before doing that.

I see nothing unusual in the Settings -> Battery screen.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Just discovered some bug with reachability in the new News App. At least it doesn't behave in the same manner as in other screens and apps.

With reachability, tapping twice on the home button will bring the screen half-way down thus allowing easy reach of the back buttons. Once back button is tapped, the screen automatically returns to full view.

This isn't the case from within the new News app. We would need to double tap the home button again to manually bring back to full view. Somewhat annoying. Hope Apple fixes this.

Flipboard has always been that way for me. Pretty annoying.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is worse.

This was an in-place upgrade using iTunes (did not restore the device to factory settings and re-install the apps).
I'll wait for 9.x update to see if this is fixed/improved before doing that.

I see nothing unusual in the Settings -> Battery screen.

My 6 Plus has been off the charger since 6AM and with heavy usage (phone calls, texts, notifications, AppleMusic, WiFi/data, ectra, ectra) I'm at 80%. At almost 5 hrs, I personally think that is GREAT.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442678505.984843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

ChromeJob

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm being prompted for my Apple App Store (Apple ID) password for every single update after the OTA update to 9.0. I have Apple App Store settings in Settings to require after 15 minutes not Always Require, checked and reselected. Is this normal, that the App Store needs the password for each app update after the OS update, even if you're remaining in the app and selecting several apps for update? :(

Please do not suggest Update All, there are 2 apps that were ruined by the devs, and I don't update.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just make sure you use Touch ID. If it keeps happening anyway, restart your device and check if it happens again. It's cliche, but a restart does wonders.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm being prompted for my Apple App Store (Apple ID) password for every single update after the OTA update to 9.0. I have Apple App Store settings in Settings to require after 15 minutes not Always Require, checked and reselected. Is this normal, that the App Store needs the password for each app update after the OS update, even if you're remaining in the app and selecting several apps for update? :(

Please do not suggest Update All, there are 2 apps that were ruined by the devs, and I don't update.

No this is not normal. You shouldn't have to give a password just for an update, only for a new downloaded app. Do you have "Installed Apps" in the Green select switch?

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Stupid question but how do I get the news to show in the spotlight search (I have it enabled in Siri's suggestions)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice