iOS 9 bugs

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a question, is anyone else noticing that notifications are completely muted without vibration at certain times, but at others they come in without a hitch? Seems to be happening with me. Is that a feature or a bug?

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an issue with iOS 9 until yesterday. My iMessages got turned off and I had to resign in, then verify my email with apple. I checked my apple ID profile before doing this and everything was verified. Just seems iso9 isn't talking to the apple servers very well.

Oh and did anyone have to update your apple ID passwords the morning before iOS 9 was released??

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
These servers have been acting really funky with iOS9. To think I will have to put up with this with my new iPhone 6S next week (since it'll be running the same iOS 9) is unacceptable! There better be an update addressing most these bugs by then! It's as if Apple put out no betas before this official release!

repules

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Ever since i use an iPhone, contact photos doesn't appear on call, image size gets reduced regardless i have the photo on the phone.
Is there an option to set spotlight to search for apps? I don't seem to have and the phone doesn't search for them.
Do you have the colorful waves wallpaper? It seem to have been missing from my iPhone 5.
Hey! Thank you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
These servers have been acting really funky with iOS9. To think I will have to put up with this with my new iPhone 6S next week (since it'll be running the same iOS 9) is unacceptable! There better be an update addressing most these bugs by then! It's as if Apple put out no betas before this official release!

What bugs are you referring to??  has had 6 betas of iOS 9 (including the GM)

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
What bugs are you referring to??  has had 6 betas of iOS 9 (including the GM)

Yes i am aware of the amount of betas that were available before this release, i was running them. What i am saying is that it seems all bugs, if not more still exist in this official version of ios 9. I cant download apps, update apps, do backups through OTA, or reach the servers to try and re-download/re-install ios 9 or downgrade back to ios 8.4.1. Theres so much messed up. I also dont get the news part of the screen when i swipe right from the home screen and my screen still gets stuck on horizontal view when i have it upright on landscape view. Never been more disappointed with an official release. SMH.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
App updates have been working properly for me since the time I installed the official release.
The News app works only in select countries.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, while I usually encounter no major issues with new (official) first versions of iOS, I've had several issues with this version, including a conflict with my Office 365 (Exchange-based) email at work. Yes, I tried removing and re-adding the account, but that didn't work. I've also had some connectivity issues, again in my work environment. All was fine before 9.0 came out, so I can't blame my network here. I'm hoping that Apple is getting wind of some of these issues we're reporting on here; otherwise, I'm installing the 9.1 beta and reporting the hell out of every problem I have.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes i am aware of the amount of betas that were available before this release, i was running them. What i am saying is that it seems all bugs, if not more still exist in this official version of ios 9. I cant download apps, update apps, do backups through OTA, or reach the servers to try and re-download/re-install ios 9 or downgrade back to ios 8.4.1. Theres so much messed up. I also dont get the news part of the screen when i swipe right from the home screen and my screen still gets stuck on horizontal view when i have it upright on landscape view. Never been more disappointed with an official release. SMH.
Do you mean iCloud back up? If so, give it time. I had the same issue yesterday. I backed up this morning ok. Try it late at night or real early in the morning. Your last back up is safe. It didn't go anywhere. Not sure about the App Store issues. Again, give it time. Keep trying.

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean iCloud back up? If so, give it time. I had the same issue yesterday. I backed up this morning ok. Try it late at night or real early in the morning. Your last back up is safe. It didn't go anywhere. Not sure about the App Store issues. Again, give it time. Keep trying.

Yes iCloud Backups. Im trying to be patient. I just dont understand why this is still happening after 2 days that the update released. Also, I coulda sworn i never set a restrictions password, however now one is set. I always use one of 3 same passwords and by now ive tried about 15 different ones including the default ones like 0000,1111,1234 and nothing. I tried restoring as new but not only does it ask me to enter my apple id to confirm the restore, but also for the restrictions code!!!! What the hell!!!??? Point is this is such an extremely buggy OS for me. Im running it on a 6 plus by the way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes iCloud Backups. Im trying to be patient. I just dont understand why this is still happening after 2 days that the update released. Also, I coulda sworn i never set a restrictions password, however now one is set. I always use one of 3 same passwords and by now ive tried about 15 different ones including the default ones like 0000,1111,1234 and nothing. I tried restoring as new but not only does it ask me to enter my apple id to confirm the restore, but also for the restrictions code!!!! What the hell!!!??? Point is this is such an extremely buggy OS for me. Im running it on a 6 plus by the way.

Sounds like you're having an Apple ID issue. You can reset your password at id.apple.com. You don't recall your 4 digit restrictions code?

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you're having an Apple ID issue. You can reset your password at id.apple.com. You don't recall your 4 digit restrictions code?

Ok technically I CAN do all the stuff i mentioned, but only like a quarter of the time, and during that quarter of the time, download is extremely slow. I know its not my connection because it reads at over 100mbps and youtube vids play flawlessly. For the life of me I cannot recall that restrictions code either.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok technically I CAN do all the stuff i mentioned, but only like a quarter of the time, and during that quarter of the time, download is extremely slow. I know its not my connection because it reads at over 100mbps and youtube vids play flawlessly. For the life of me I cannot recall that restrictions code either.

I think they're still having server issues. Give it another day. I don't know why the server issue is so bad this time. But it'll ease up soon. Then we can tell more about how the OS is actually doing.

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I think they're still having server issues. Give it another day. I don't know why the server issue is so bad this time. But it'll ease up soon. Then we can tell more about how the OS is actually doing.

I really hope you're right. Im not used to this treatment from Apple. It's even failing to find server to update iTunes. I'm sure im not the only one.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
4 hours after the release of iOS the server issues were solved for me. Maybe because I'm in the Netherlands, who knows.

oneMJL

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advise, I only have the apple supplied ringtones for my alerts. vibrate now works but the email banner notifications are still missing.

bummerbee123

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Most of my games don't work now. Especially WWF. Grab a tile and it freezes. Also, playing videos online is very glitchy now and there's lag when dragging the volume and display sliders. The update is quite buggy. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Most of my games don't work now. Especially WWF. Grab a tile and it freezes. Also, playing videos online is very glitchy now and there's lag when dragging the volume and display sliders. The update is quite buggy. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Some of the issues are with the individual apps not being updated for iOS 9.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am having to put in my iTunes password to DECLINE app requests from my kids in Family Sharing. Very odd. No iMessage pics. If I open a notification from a forum from an email it gives me the little "back to mail" arrow in Safari but will not let me continue in Safari, the page goes blank and then I have to go back to mail and reopen in Safari. What I read in the iMore ios9 guide is its supposed to let you continue on.