iOS 9 is slow...

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on IOS 9.0 and have toggled off just about every setting. I think one of two things below might have fixed my issue with the lagging and stuttering. It's been working all weekend great.

1) General: Reset: Reset all settings. Do this TWICE! Your phone will reboot after each time. This won't delete data, but will erase custom wallpaper and wifi passwords, etc.

2) Settings: General: Accessibility: Keyboard
Toggle the switch for “Show Lowercase Keys” to the OFF position
Exit out of Settings to immediately see the effect anywhere the keyboard can be summoned

change-keyboard-back-to-uppercase-iphone-450x800.png
Change you keyboard to all caps. If it's already on all caps, change to lowercase. Whatever setting it's currently on, CHANGE IT to the other.

I now don't have issues.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My biggest problem loading apps is the stock Twitter application. Sometimes it just freezes for several seconds before loading. Other applications are very laggy. Not very happy, hoping update fixes this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no stock Twitter app for iPhone. There is the official Twitter app, but to get it ones needs to download it from the App Store.

neo anderson2

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Jackie1!

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 9.1 und nothing was solved, even after some resets. It was too slow und very laggy.

I did as you said, and now its working like a charm, indeed very fast.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Jackie1!

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 9.1 und nothing was solved, even after some resets. It was too slow und very laggy.

I did as you said, and now its working like a charm, indeed very fast.

Great! What fixed it? the double reset of reset all settings? Or the keyboard toggle?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The issue I'm seeing is that there is a latency, especially when swiping between home screens and screens in the apps. It stutters. If you swipe to Spotlight and then back, often you'll get stutters similar to when you used My Magazine on a Galaxy Phone. It all feels rather TouchWiz ca. 2013. I've checked 3 iPhone 6 Plus devices (two in this household) and it hasn't improved since iOS 9 released.

Additionally, the other person here didn't turn off WiFi Assist, and the phone used over 9GB of data this month because of it (on one day, it used over 1GB).

OniTamo30

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Worse. And I did EVERYTHING to speed it up. And yea, it's not a placebo effect, it's measurable slower than 9.2.1, not to mention 8.4.1...
Disappointing!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner