iOS 9 is slow...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and iPad 4. The iPad, in particular runs Safari smoother. iOS 8 introduced some graphic stutter on Safari that no amount of tweaking would fix.

It didn't fix one annoyance that iOS 8 brought to Safari on the iPad, though. When you click on a bookmark, the bookmarks do not automatically slide away. You have to click on the bookmark symbol at the top to get rid of the bookmark list. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I started a thread last year about it but never fixed it.

bazn

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to iOS 9 and the 9.0.1 update on the 6plus I've noticed it's slow and Im still not able to do an iCloud backup across any of my iOS devices! Come on  send a fix out and quick ! Baz from England

Hammer

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Mine too...even after 9.0.1 update...very disappointing. Takes over 5 seconds from selecting camera app to actually taking picture on 64GB 6 plus.

C'mon Apple this is unacceptable!!!!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Now it may just be that "new update experience" talking but it seems to me that apps load faster in iOS 9.0.2 than it did on both 9.0 and 9.0.1. It also seems that a lot of the hesitation and lag that I was experiencing under both 9.0 and 9.0.1 seems to be gone in most places, not all places but in the places that really count and annoyed me the most.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What was funny is that while I was helping my brother setup and move his stuff over to his new iPhone 6s I noticed the same lag that I was experiencing on my iPhone 6 Plus. Granted it wasn't to the same extent or as noticeable but I did notice it. I kept thinking "This device was made for iOS 9, something's wrong here."

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue on Iphone 6 on ios 9. It didn't seem to do it until a week later... Does 9.01 or 9.02 fix it? Super frustrated!

Simbite

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I found that after iPad restart it was working smooth and very fast, but after 1h of using it it was just like after the update slow. No 9.02 don'f fix it :/

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I also love the iOS9 features for iPad (as long as you have recent devices to support it).
I sure hope that more and more apps will soon get Slide over, Split Screen and Picture in Picture support. See also the other topic here on iMore where i've mentioned quite a few apps that support this.

I have an iPad mini2 which runs ok on iOS9.0.2 but i sure hope 9.1 will improve the speed/performance especially with 3rd party keyboards stuttering/lag (e.g. Swype which had an iOS9 update) when i want to show it in Spotlight search but also in e.g. Safari or Mail app. I think it's an iOS9 thing. I didn't have this lag in iOS8. On my iPhone 5s i also have the lag/stuttering but this is especially visible in Spotlight search (scroll down version) but works ok in e.g. Safari and other Apple and 3rd party apps.

I did read quite a lot of good reviews about 9.1 beta 4 version (here on iMore forum for example) that the speed is back again. Let's hope it's released to the public soon.

Unfortuntaly i also got quite a few apps which worked great on iOS7 and 8 but no longer work as they should in iOS9 (mostly children apps for my daughter). I hope those apps will bring out an update to fix this.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh believe me, iOS 9.1 is indeed a lot better than iOS 9.0. If iOS 9.1 Public Beta 4 is any indication of what the finished product is going to be like then iOS 9.1 will be what iOS 9.0 should have been from the very beginning. I loaded the public beta version of it yesterday and it's like a night and day difference. Straight out of the gate it's faster, smoother, etc. I swear there was a memory leak in iOS 9.0 that caused the system to slow down as you use it.

It makes my iPhone 6 Plus feel like a new phone again. Almost none of the lag is there.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh believe me, iOS 9.1 is indeed a lot better than iOS 9.0. If iOS 9.1 Public Beta 4 is any indication of what the finished product is going to be like then iOS 9.1 will be what iOS 9.0 should have been from the very beginning. I loaded the public beta version of it yesterday and it's like a night and day difference. Straight out of the gate it's faster, smoother, etc. I swear there was a memory leak in iOS 9.0 that caused the system to slow down as you use it.

It makes my iPhone 6 Plus feel like a new phone again. Almost none of the lag is there.

Well this is GOOD to hear! Did you also have the text message stuttering before you tried the 9.1 beta like me? I think you are right about the memory leak, because when mine starts to stutter when texting someone (I'll press the keyboard keys to type, and nothing happens for 5-10 seconds) and then I open the task switcher and close stuff out, the stutter goes away

Thanks. How can regular people like us get the 9.1 beta now?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
To enroll in the iOS 9.1 Public Beta program go to https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ on your iPhone or iPad and it will direct you on how to install the enrollment profile certificate. It will then tell you to reboot your device and then you will have to check for an update, it's at that point it will tell you that you have an update and it will apply the 9.1 beta OS to your device via an OTA update.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this? They have a disclaimer that you shouldn't install if it's your only device. This is my only device, but I can't deal with the lagging any longer. I'm on 9.0, and have read that 9.0.2 doesn't fix the lagging. If you were me, would you go straight to the beta, or try 9.0.2 first anyway?

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks trparky for those tips. I started to use the beta 4 from iOS9.1 as of just now. It's my first time that i tried a beta version because of the lag/stuttering which is currently there with showing the 3rd party keyboard. The lag/stutter is still there (although it seems less then with 9.0.2) with e.g. Spotlight search when showing e.g. Swype keyboard (which had a iOS9 update). I did remove the app before and turned on/off full access. I have it turned off normally. I will try the beta later on on my iPad mini2 because the lag with showing a 3rd party keyboard was there more noticabble also with other Apple apps like Safari, Mail and Notes (besides Spotlight search).

I also think it does take more time for an app to show in iOS9 in comparison to iOS8 on my iphone 5s and iPad mini2 also with apps that released an iOS9 update.

Can i update to iOS9.1 (final release) when it's available for all public without any problem or should i change something when the time that is released?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I would still go for it. My iPhone 6 Plus is my only device as well. That's why I asked people if they recommended to run it as their daily driver. Everyone said "yeah, go for it" so I did.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My biggest problem loading apps is the stock Twitter application. Sometimes it just freezes for several seconds before loading. Other applications are very laggy. Not very happy, hoping update fixes this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea. Same here. A lot of freezing and stuttering. Not impressed with iOS 9. It's buggy. I even set my phone up as new this afternoon and I'm still getting it. Hope they fix soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbhanot

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 and been using it for last 5-6 months. On iOS 8 it was great and fast. I play a game called 8 ball pool. It is a normal pool game and used to work great on my i6. But after updating to iOS 9 it jitters whenever some notifications comes in. This doesn't used to happen in iOS 8. I have done everything from reboots to fresh ipsw install but the slowness is there.

Indeed upgrading to iOS 9 has slowed down the phone. The tweaks Apple has given should not make the phone slower in anyway as they are not so major thing.

It seems that instead of optimising they have unoptimised the iPhone. Really pathetic. I hope they fix this non sense soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice