iOS 9 is slow...

anomat

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with the OP, 9.0 is not running all that great for me in some regards. The new app switcher has a noticeable lag. Spotlight is also sluggish. The thing is those are the two things I use the most on my phone at the OS level. I never browse to my apps, outside of the home screen apps and I frequently switch between my apps with a double tap. Both definitely feel bogged down compared to 8.4.1.

This is on an iPhone 6+ with over 20gb free space, iCloud up to date, and had numerous hard resets.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
My iOS 9 experience has changed. Everything has definitely smoothed out now my only gripe is still the bug in mail but I can deal with it. How do I access reader mode & request desktop on safari now ? I see they changed it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My iOS 9 experience has changed. Everything has definitely smoothed out now my only gripe is still the bug in mail but I can deal with it. How do I access reader mode & request desktop on safari now ? I see they changed it.

For request desktop site you can either hold down the refresh button or use the share sheet. For reader mode I'm not sure.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Buy your Android device of your choice. Get the biggest greatest fastest most updated most beast most outrageous specced device with sixteen cores and 18 GB of RAM that's future proof until 2035 and be happy and joyful and in peace.

.....and still be only marginally quicker than the iPhone lol...

Mine seems to run the same as the ios 8, no issues doesn't seem faster or slower. Battery seems the same. As far as i remember when ios 8 came out first the phone was a little sluggish and as time went on it smoothed out.

However i do have the email glitch again that came with ios 8 until an update came along to sort it.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
How do I access reader mode & request desktop on safari now ? I see they changed it.
The reader mode access is not changed. When a reader view of a webpage exists then in the address bar, on the left side, is the reader icon (Also a short message in the address bar self). After you are in the reader mode, you can change it with the Aa icon on the right side of the address bar.

Acerace113 already answer abput the desktop view.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
The reader mode access is not changed. When a reader view of a webpage exists then in the address bar, on the left side, is the reader icon (Also a short message in the address bar self). After you are in the reader mode, you can change it with the Aa icon on the right side of the address bar.

Acerace113 already answer abput the desktop view.

I think it's a bug then, mine is gone. I checked all the websites that would support it & it's not there. Oh well I guess.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After approx three days of running iOS9 and three "hard resets, and letting my battery run down to 1% (not like in the past @2%) and allowing my device turn off by itself twice. My 6 Plus has gotten faster and smoother. All I have to say is....WOW!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After approx three days of running iOS9 and three "hard resets, and letting my battery run down to 1% (not like in the past @2%) and allowing my device turn off by itself twice. My 6 Plus has gotten faster and smoother. All I have to say is....WOW!!!

Cool beans! My 5 is running fairly well too. No major issues I can see. Just a few minor crinkles here and there. No lag though. I see an issue in the photos app and one in messages.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the 6S+ has more ram or this is going to be a major fail. Smh.

iOS 9 was made to run better and smoother than iOS 8. it isn't the "lack of ram"
I have 9.1 on my iPhone 6 and its VERY fast, no slow down, no lag. running perfectly.

iPhone 6S and + have both been confirmed to have 2GB ram many many many times already. Apple will release 9.0.1 in a few days and all will be fixed if it needs it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is about all you can do on 4s.
To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Good luck.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This thread makes me nervous to see how the 6s plus performs out of the box on 9.0.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I think it will perform well, this year's A9 chip in it has up to 70% faster cpu performance than last year's A8 chip in the iPhone 6, with the A9 having up to 90% faster gpu performance than the A8 - according to Apple's iPhone 6s information page...
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2601016%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=Xfu4AVjS
However, I did notice some slight lag in the app switcher, and in some scrolling operations on my 6 plus right after I had updated via ota, but after a short period of time that has gone away and everything is back to being smooth and fluid for me now. I think that this had to do with the os having to do some housekeeping of its' resources immediately after my updating of my 6 plus to iOS 9.
But... YMMV...

DWill22

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
i thought i was the only one. the 6 plus is really laggy with ios 9 and this brings back memories from when i had the ipad 2 and it became laggy with ios 7 . anyone saying ios devices are smoother than android is kidding themselves.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i thought i was the only one. the 6 plus is really laggy with ios 9 and this brings back memories from when i had the ipad 2 and it became laggy with ios 7 . anyone saying ios devices are smoother than android is kidding themselves.

I'm going to pick up an Android device tomorrow. Which one do you suggest?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice