iOS 9 is slow...

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not upgrading to 9 yet, as I'm jailbroken. But I am going to upgrade my 5s (downgraded from 6, LOL) to 6s in November or so when all dust should settle.
I read it somewhere that the new 9 has an enhanced spotlight search that also goes by individual application. And you can toggle the spotlight search on and off on each application via setting. If so, I am sure that the spotlight should be busy indexing in the background when you first updated to 9. Also, you might want to see which application utilizes the spotlight. Perhaps it would be advisable to toggle off applications you seldom use spotlight for.
But this explains why some folks experience initial lagginess and battery drain after upgrading to 9.
Just a thought.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Its Slow because i installed it 3 min ago and i don't like change and the battery is draining because i keep looking trying to find why its being slow... LOL

On a serious note my ipad was acting sluggish after install also and about 3 hours later it was fine. I only noticed because one of my online mutiplayer games was lagging real bad.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have only noticed one minor issue, albeit annoying.

When you go to Phone app and go to recent calls, sometimes the Edit button doesn't come up so you can't Clear all at once. If you toggle from All to Missed and back it comes up but I'm a bit OCD and like to keep my Recent Calls clear at all times...just a habit.

tokyotony

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I did a complete restore on my iPad mini 3 and put ios 9 on it with only the apps I need. It definitely feels laggy. Opening folders and app and switching seems to make things "stutter".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Well the email bug fixed itself, everything is definitely faster as well. Apple Music is kinda glitchy when trying to change the song. Other than that I'm satisfied

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Aditya Shanbhag1

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I am definitely noticing some slight judders and stuttering in animation on iPhone 6 which is laughable considering its just a year old.Thinking of switching to Android as none of the updates there purposely slow down devices

emiandri

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm feeling the same thing, after iOS 9 upgrade, specially some effects or games. On the other hand my co worker using an iphone 5 fells his phone much faster than ever before so is this an iOS9 issue with iphone 6???

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Placebo effect. Users on older devices will feel it's faster as it's an upgraded and "New" OS.

Users with newer devices feel it should be faster, but your dealing with different hardware and larger displays, more requirements and power needed and it's not there.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Why do people make such big deals about phones? Everyone get or upgrade to what they like? Everyone have their own interest. If everyone only had one option there wouldn't be anything for you guys to debate about!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So I havent been able to read all the comments, but I figured out the fix to the slow/lag on iOS9...if you go into settings and go to RESET ALL SETTINGS (first option) ... it fixes the issue.

Just to point out, this worked for me as well. I wasn't experiencing any heavy lag, but there was some noticeable stutter even after restoring my iPhone while updating it. Resetting all the settings has made it as snappy as the day I received it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox