iOS 9: Eye Strain-is it giving anyone help eye strain/headaches?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iOS 9: Eye Strain

Is anyone having issues with this update IRT scrolling performance and eye strain/headaches?

The Scrolling in some apps seems very quick but there also seem to be some ... I'm not sure how else to describe it ... "micro-jerks" going on that is causing me to get some massive eye strain and headaches. It almost seems like the content is scrolling faster than it can render and it's getting lagged back repeatedly like half a mm or so.

It pretty much started immediately after I installed it, and it's most noticeable in the App Store when scrolling through search results as well as the News app, Photos, Music. I'm seeing it in the Facebook App as well. I can look at the screen for maybe 2 minutes before it becomes unbearable.

Is anyone else noticing anything similar? I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus.

EDIT: Maybe the change in typeface is the issue???

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 9: Eye Strain

Try changing some font features and see if it works out for you. But not many people on Beta version or media outlets reported it to be a major problem.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Try changing some font features and see if it works out for you. But not many people on Beta version or media outlets reported it to be a major problem.

Well I just recorded a slow motion video of it with my other phone and something is definitely off with the scrolling. There is this jello effect about it, and I think that is what's causing the issue. Will see if I can upload that somewhere to show what I'm talking about.

Video Link: https://vid.me/na4b

Last edited:

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Well I just recorded a slow motion video of it with my other phone and something is definitely off with the scrolling. There is this jello effect about it, and I think that is what's causing the issue. Will see if I can upload that somewhere to show what I'm talking about.

Video Link: https://vid.me/na4b

I've noticed similar issues. Wouldn't surprise me if 9.0.1 or 9.1 comes out next week in time for the new phones to correct some of these issues. I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

I have seen your video and can confirm some have has choppy issues on the 6+. not sure what the issue is.. Some said memory issues. But you don;t see this on the 6. So maybe the memory to runt he display size.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner