iOS9 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS9 General Public Release available

Had some failed downloads but kept trying and suddenly the download started. Now I'm on IOS 9 but do sent see so many changes, not right now anyway.

skickat fr?n Tapatalk

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

App Store updates have been updated yet the badge displaying the number of updates won't disappear. Have restarted and double checked that all apps have been updated. Any ideas?

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply guys on the iCloud Drive app. I downloaded via iTunes and it didn't prompt me to add the icon to my home screen. That's why I missed it.....

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Updated from GM to public release and it took a few tries. Not a big deal. After the install, I had a carrier setting update for Verizon.

I still don't like the new search option. I think it's mentally dumb. For example, I type in ESPN....it finds no app. I type in fantasy, no app. I type in football and it finally locates ESPN Fantasy Football on my phone. Dumb. I have three Xfinity apps (TV, TV Go, and Remote) and it never finds them when I type in Xfinity. Type in TV, it finds them all...even though the remote app doesn't have the word TV in it. I type in seasons, and it finds nothing. I type in Angry Birds and it lists them, plus seasons. Just dumb. This wasn't happening in 8.4.1 or below. I wonder what changed.

The new multitasking looks nice, but not very precise. I sometimes scroll and find the app I want to close, but it moved one or two over and I had to double back to get the right one.

In case you didn't get it, search is dumb.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys,,can someone please tell me about the performance of the update on iPhone 5s
Because I'm holding my upgrade right now

Posted via the iMore App for Android

It runs good on my old iPhone 5 that I started using because I sold my 6 and will use until my 6s comes in. You will have no problems!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

This public release feels more buggy then the GM release to me...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

torini

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I managed to fix it. Deleted the apps and then re-installed. There was obviously some sort of bug and corrupted the apps' updates upon installing. Make sure you update your apps prior to installing but all good now 👍🏻 Disappointed haven't got the new emojis yet! Eagerly awaiting 9.1!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

iTunes downloaded quickly and installed in less than 3 minutes. Way better than OTA. Takes too much time verifying stuff. People are probably using OTA too because it's easier than connecting the device to a computer and many people don't use iTunes in the first place. It's the way to go from my past years of updating on release day. My devices had too much trouble with iOS 8 last year.

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

I updated via iTunes with no problems during the update process. I did however dislike 9.0 in general. The contact photo icons in Messages are intrusive and unnecessary; there should be an option for enabling/disabling those. The settings app seems broken as it opens already a few lines down the screen. iOS 9.0 is generally slower than 8.4.1 in regards to navigating the UI/opening apps, even with reduce motion turned on. This release is not as good as 8.4.1, for me anyway, which is what I'll be sticking with. Even if Apple fixes all these issues in 9.1, the unnecessary spotlight search in the leftmost home screen is extremely off-putting.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

App Store updates have been updated yet the badge displaying the number of updates won't disappear. Have restarted and double checked that all apps have been updated. Any ideas?

Happening to me as well. Minor glitch that'll be ironed out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen