Bloatware

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hate to open this back up but my wife just upgraded to 9 for first time. She got an app not made by Apple called Stocards. It's a loyalty program app.

Her words were "WTH is that }#%*<". She was able to uninstall it but this is awful pushy.

Anyone else see this?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hate to open this back up but my wife just upgraded to 9 for first time. She got an app not made by Apple called Stocards. It's a loyalty program app.

Her words were "WTH is that }#%*<". She was able to uninstall it but this is awful pushy.

Anyone else see this?

Somebody had to install it. It didn't get there by magic... and it's not an Apple app, so they didn't include it in the software install.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's not Apple pushing it, that's for sure. I'm afraid she had it installed once on the phone, and when syncing to iTunes, the app was installed back on the phone.

Go to iTunes, Apps and delete all apps there you or she won't use ever again.

This has happened to me, too, once, when syncing my device with iTunes. Since that day, I always delete apps in iTunes from which I know I won't ever use again.

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not Apple pushing it, that's for sure. I'm afraid she had it installed once on the phone, and when syncing over iTunes, the app was installed back on the phone.

Go to iTunes, Apps and delete all apps there you or she won't use ever again.

This has happened to me, too, once, when syncing my device with iTunes. Since that day, I always delete apps in iTunes from which I know I won't ever use again.

She doesn't have iTunes.

I asked if she installed it. She says no.

But after asking a few questions about it, it was in a folder and not next to Find My Friends. So you're probably right. How about that, I sided with the internet instead of my wife. I am in trouble! (We'll just blame the kids for it. )

Thanks all.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
She doesn't have iTunes.

I asked if she installed it. She says no.

But after asking a few questions about it, it was in a folder and not next to Find My Friends. So you're probably right. How about that, I sided with the internet instead of my wife. I am in trouble! (We'll just blame the kids for it. )

Thanks all.

Wife's love chocolate and roses. Buy a dozen and forget about it

krazeej412

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the explanation it makes sense to me now, I wish they could thin the iOS down some more even though they are starting to do that. It would be nice to have those few extra gb's.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the explanation it makes sense to me now, I wish they could thin the iOS down some more even though they are starting to do that. It would be nice to have those few extra gb's.

You're fortunate. My new 6s Plus only offers 55.4 gb capacity. Not sure why.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR