Pl Help me updating to iOS 9

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends,
I'm asking for your help here. I'm running iOS 8.4.1 on my iPhone and i want to do a clean install of iOS 9 because
1. iBooks no longer works (crashes when i hit the 'table of contents' button while reading a book). It worked fine until about 40 days ago.
2. Reminders stopped working when i updated to 8.3
I'm sure iOS 9 clean install will get rid of the above issues but the problem is that a clean install means I'll also lose all my SMS and iMessages because I won't be restoring from the 8.4.1 backup.
Is there a way i can backup only my messages somewhere and restore them when on iOS 9?
I use iTunes for backup. Does icloud backup provide option to backup only messages? Or any other ideas please. Thank you!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS9 isn't publicly available until Wednesday... And you are correct about iMessage/sms texts... there's no way to back those up and restore just those.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Native apple tools won't allow you to just restore your SMS messages, however this specific challenge can possibly be solved with some third party tools and a few dollars.

***i have not personally tried any of the methods available, as I normally just let my SMS messages go with every clean install***

This wired article should be a great place to start your research.

Total Recall: How to Back Up All the Text Messages on Your iPhone | WIRED

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Native apple tools won't allow you to just restore your SMS messages, however this specific challenge can possibly be solved with some third party tools and a few dollars.

***i have not personally tried any of the methods available, as I normally just let my SMS messages go with every clean install***

This wired article should be a great place to start your research.

Total Recall: How to Back Up All the Text Messages on Your iPhone | WIRED

Thank you. I already have one of those paid apps on my laptop but the thing is it (they) can only let you view on computer and export to pdf.
No option to restore the messages to my iPhone. 😏

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR