1. brianmiddleton's Avatar
    Hi, I am on ios 9.0 public beta 3..... I managed to delete my icloud back up from my phone.... as of right now, I have 0 back ups in the cloud (I think, I've only viewed from my settings > I cloud > back up)... For some reason, I can no longer back up to the cloud... Is there something I need to do? Is it because i'm on public beta 3? I want to have a back up because I want to get the official ios 9.0 on the 16th...any help is much appreciated.... I have an appointment set up for my local apple store on Monday if I cannot find a solution
    09-11-2015 09:38 AM
  2. brianmiddleton's Avatar
    I am also reading on the forums that if I upgrade to public beta 9.1 that it fixes the "icloud back up" issue... is this true? Also, if I go to 9.1, delete the profile on the 16th, and go to official 9.0, can I restore from my back up? (the back up is from a beta)... I kinda wish I would have never went to these public betas lol
    09-11-2015 10:21 AM
  3. froli13's Avatar
    Do a backup using iTunes, delete the Public Beta profile and on the 16th you well get the official release of 9.0.
    09-11-2015 10:57 AM
  4. brianmiddleton's Avatar
    I basically don't even use my computer anymore..... I hated iTunes on it back in the day and now that i'm not in college anymore, my computer collects dust.... is there anyway to back up without ever touching my computer/iTunes?
    09-11-2015 11:23 AM
  5. froli13's Avatar
    Well, if you update to 9.1 beta to do an iCloud backup you will iTunes to downgrade to 9.0 so... Unless you are willing to wait for 9.1 official release.
    09-11-2015 11:45 AM
  6. brianmiddleton's Avatar
    so at this point, I need to try to find a way to back up somehow? (hopefully I can back up at the apple store).... and then i'll just wait till Wednesday to go to ios 9.0 from public beta 9 3 I guess...
    09-11-2015 01:10 PM
  7. froli13's Avatar
    If you don't plan to change your phone you could also update to the official 9.0 without a backup. If you simply delete the Public Beta profile and wait for the OTA the update shouldn't delete any data. Of course, it is strongly recommended to have a backup before any update.
    09-11-2015 01:42 PM
  8. brianmiddleton's Avatar
    oh ok thanks! I think this is the route I will go... I will update to ios 9.0 on the 16th and then finally back up... and then on the 25th, I will get my 64 gig 6s plus!
    09-11-2015 02:44 PM

Similar Threads

  1. 9.1 public beta stability?
    By Hansana in forum iOS
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 04:17 AM
  2. Home button not working and more
    By lancer02josh in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 03:38 PM
  3. Rear Cover for iPad Air 2 that protects all 4 sides and back
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 08:46 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 06:53 AM
  5. UK banks Halifax and Lloyds now support Apple Pay
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion & Contests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 04:40 AM