Deleting Beta Profile

ctsmd

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been part of the iOS Public Beta program, what happens if I delete the Beta Profile, will the GM then show as available to install or is the Beta Profile just used to ID my iPhone as a participate in the Public Beta Program.

Since there will be no more Public Betas, is there any harm in deleting the Beta Profile?

Thanks
Carl

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can delete the profile... No, there is no GM for Public Beta users... you can obtain the GM ipsw from 'out there' and install that via iTunes now, or install the public release normally 9/16.

ejraney

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to keep my public beta profile, and wait to update OTA on the 16th. I figure might see if they continue with the public betas on through 9.1 and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Q
I'm just going to keep my public beta profile, and wait to update OTA on the 16th. I figure might see if they continue with the public betas on through 9.1 and beyond.
A public beta for 9.1 will require installing a new beta profile... and the presence of the 9.0 beta profile will preclude your device from seeing the public release version next week.

denem80

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Despite removing the Beta profile, after the update to iOS 9.0 GM, the system showed me that an update was available ( public beta 3 ) and automatically downloaded update... Is there anyway to remove such update? 😔ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1441895495.422344.jpg

denem80

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I managed to remove it doing as follows: Select settings, general, usage, manage storage when the app list loads, you should see ios9 Public Beta 3, select this and then delete.

ejraney

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Q
A public beta for 9.1 will require installing a new beta profile... and the presence of the 9.0 beta profile will preclude your device from seeing the public release version next week.

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

pranjaljain

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
i have the public beta version of ios 9 and i want to go back to ios 8.4.1...but i was not able to keep a backup of my ios 8.4.1... now when i try to restore to ios 8.4.1(which i downloaded from the internet) it says that it is not compatible for my phone... now how can i go back to ios 8.4.1?

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you can delete the profile... No, there is no GM for Public Beta users... you can obtain the GM ipsw from 'out there' and install that via iTunes now, or install the public release normally 9/16.

I am on the most recent public beta, and have now deleted the profile in anticipation of the OTA GM release tomorrow. But, now every single time I unlock my device it puts up a modal dialog telling me to update. Before I deleted the profile the Software Update section showed the 9.1 beta, which I didn't want to install. After deleting the profile, Software Update says I'm up to date, yet I still get the dialog.

I assume it's just confused because I'm still on the beta version, and that it'll get resolved tomorrow. Anyone know how to stop the dialog coming each time I unlock, though? It's annoying :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I assume it's just confused because I'm still on the beta version, and that it'll get resolved tomorrow. Anyone know how to stop the dialog coming each time I unlock, though?
You can reinstall the beta profile and update to 9.1 beta 1 - that will do it.

helmet112

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
You can reinstall the beta profile and update to 9.1 beta 1 - that will do it.

Well, I didn't want to get onto the 9.1 beta yet. I'd like to update to the 9.0 GM when it comes out tomorrow.

It's not a huge deal, I wouldn't mind being on the 9.1 beta if I have to, as I assume it is built off the 9.0 GM.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a huge deal, I wouldn't mind being on the 9.1 beta if I have to, as I assume it is built off the 9.0 GM
It is.. Why bother with 9.0? You've been running the beta...I'd stick with the betas... I did install the GM... and jumped to the 9.1 beta when it was made available on the Public Beta.

romersilva

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
It is.. Why bother with 9.0? You've been running the beta...I'd stick with the betas... I did install the GM... and jumped to the 9.1 beta when it was made available on the Public Beta.

Pardon my ignorance but, just to be clear:
-i have a 4S(old i know, gonna get a 6S for christmas) 9.0 Public Beta 3 installed with the beta profile
-i have the incessant pop-ups for 9.1 beta1... every time i unlock the phone...
-the icloud backup isn't working for me, no errors, but it doesn't backup at all, also although on icloud the space for my iphone's previous backup is occupied, the iphone reports that my next backup will be 0 bytes, and that no backup exists on icloud's side
--
Since ios 9 comes out tomorrow what options do i have?
-if i understood your previous posts correctly, i will only be able to upgrade to ios 9 GM, if i delete the beta profile locally on the iphone, right? (otherwise it will not be listed on software update because 9.1 beta 1 supercedes it)
-since i am unable to backup up to icloud presently, how can i fix that? any suggestions?
-what do you recommend?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen