Deleting Beta Profile

Kayla Kemp

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I seemed to have confused myself reading comments. I'm running 9.1 beta. I want the official release ios9. What steps must I do to get rid of beta and have the official running 9?

mrcjames

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've just installed iOS 9.1 in rushed excitement thinking it was the major iOS 9.0 release expected today.

This isn't necessarily an issue for me, however I was planning to delete the Beta Profile after upgrading to 9.0.

Now that I have updated to 9.1 can I still delete the Beta Profile without causing any issues?

and

What will happen going forward with official (non beta) releases?

Thank in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have updated to 9.1 can I still delete the Beta Profile without causing any issues?
Yes... but why??
What will happen going forward with official (non beta) releases?
Connect your device to a computer running iTunes and restore the iOS - you'll have to have a backup from a previous, lower version of iOS to restore to or set up as new... Or just stay with betas if they continue with releasing on the same pattern as they have with this one...

mrcjames

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I want to delete the Beta Profile as I only ever want (for whatever reason) the major iOS 7, 8, 9 updates in advance. When is comes to the X.1, X.2, X.3 etc I'm not that bothered and therefore prefer to stick to stable releases until the next major update is announced.

I've spent a great deal of time perfecting the settings and content on my device, so would rather not restore. Would it work for me just to delete the Beta Profile, stick with iOS 9.1 and wait until the official release catches up, then download and install that?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers, Chris.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
After reading some of the comments, I'm unsure what I need to do to get the public release of the software. I have 9.1 beta installed. I removed the beta profile, but I still cannot get the phone to see an update. I just did a reset and restore which is taking forever.

If I just leave the beta 9.1 on, will I get future updates? Would I have to reinstall the beta profile?

Myka Lgum

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
PUBLIC BETA HAS NO PROFILE IN SETTINGS

If you have 9.1 loaded you have to restore via itunes. I had to use DFU mode or I got some conflict relating to turning off Find-My-Iphone.

Once you you return to 8.4 you will still have issues. I am getting th update for beta and not the public update. This seems to be because of the profile. You can go to general,settings,usage and you will see ios 9 beta there which you can delete but you will still get prompted to new beta as long as your profile is registered as beta.

I am not allowed to post links so i removed the https:// from below

beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll

I will let you know if this works.

Lenrage

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
If I knew that before, I would not have sign for beta software.

Now I m putting my phone in DFU mode to get the GM of IOS 9. But my back up in iTunes is while with beta software 9.0 i think. Once I am in GM ios 9.0, will I be able to restore all my apps and music to the phone with that backup or I am screwed ???

Lenrage

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
SOLVED.............

I put my iPhone in DFU Mode and it rolled back to GM IOS 9.0 without loosing anything..........weird but it worked

SBelloso

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED.............

I put my iPhone in DFU Mode and it rolled back to GM IOS 9.0 without loosing anything..........weird but it worked

Did you need to do anything once the phone was in DFU? How did it roll back to GM, on its own? Did you do anything in iTunes?

Currently I'm on Public Beta 9.1. Trying to go back. Wondering if DFU would roll me back to 9.0 without losing data same as you.

Thanks in advance.

mburton06

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 9.1 beta 4 installed. but left the ios beta tester program on the apple website and deleted the beta profile from my iphone 6s, does this mean I will get the ota update of the 9.1 public release when it is released?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner