iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far the GM has been the smoothest on my 6th gen iPod touch, my 5S isn't too far behind. My 5th gen iPod touch has been ok but feels the same performance wise as iOS 8.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How stable is the GM version? I want to put it in my iPhone 6 plus but I'm still a bit nervous of it

It's stable, and it'll be officially released next week. The GM version will be the same as the official released version so you can install it now under the GM label or later under the official iOS 9 moniker.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So after installing the gm build my App Store has not been loading keeps saying that it can't connect to the store everything else has been great I even tried a hard reboot that did not work
Maybe it's because I did not restore from backup? I did a encrypted backup prior with iTunes but after installing the gm build I noticed all my stuff was still on the phone so I decided not to restore was that a bad move?

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So after installing the gm build my App Store has not been loading keeps saying that it can't connect to the store everything else has been great I even tried a hard reboot that did not work
Maybe it's because I did not restore from backup? I did a encrypted backup prior with iTunes but after installing the gm build I noticed all my stuff was still on the phone so I decided not to restore was that a bad move?

Scratch that guess after so many reboots it's good now other then that I think the update is good I'm pretty brutal when it comes to using up the battery with YouTube streaming music and what not and my battery has been good

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Downloading right now, will install on a 4S that has never seen a beta profile nor a beta in a couple of minutes.

SteveP

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus running the iOS 9 GM and it seems that enabling "Hey Siri" causes a huge drain on the battery. I started the day at 100% and within two hours was down to 45%. Normally I go the whole day and have that much left. I turned off the "Hey Siri" function and charged back up to 100% and an hour later it is still at 100%.

The GM for Apple Watch is really bad for battery too. Started at 100% and 5.5 hours later down to 18%. Previously was able to go the whole day and still be around 50%.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The GM is solid, minus the fact that i can't backup to the cloud or transfer purchases to iTunes :(

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The GM for Apple Watch is really bad for battery too. Started at 100% and 5.5 hours later down to 18%. Previously was able to go the whole day and still be around 50%.

Actually, my experience is different... my Watch used to have about 45-50% battery at the end of the day... the last 2 days it's been more like 55-60% with the same usage during the day.

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Been using the 4S for a couple of hours now and still no "update" to beta 3.

As we speak I'm restoring my 5S's backup onto my 4S and will start using it as my daily driver for a couple of days (or weeks) now to figure out whether a) a 3.5" screen is still usable in the age of the 5.5" mid-range phone (which I'm unsure of), b) a four year old phone is still fast enough for what I need (which I highly suspect), and c) the battery still holds enough charge to get me through the day (which I highly doubt). After all I do plan to take this phone on my year-long trip and need to figure out where exactly on the dream-realism continuum that thought resides or whether I should rather get a cheap Android phone for that year.

So far, iOS 9 has been a blast on the 4S. Much faster than iOS 8 although I must admit I haven't been using it much.

poseidon168

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Installed IOS 9GM on iphone 6 plus. Used it for 20 hrs and then made 1 phone call this morning after that can't use the touch screen. All the button was working fine except the touch screen, had to reset the phone with holding the power button and home button at the same time. Decided to go back to 8.4.1. Anybody have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox