Clock off since install of iOS9

Robert Shouse

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Since I installed 9, the time on my phone has been different than the time on the other phones in my family. Anyone else having this issue?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Quantify "off"... minutes?? Hours??

Go to Settings>> General>> Date & Time... is Set Automatically on or off? If off - turn on... Is the time zone setting correct and set to a city in the same time zone you'r in? If not - make it so...

Robert Shouse

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Minutes. Like 3 right now. I will double check my settings just seems odd as I thought the time was set by the signal sent out by the cell tower?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since I installed 9, the time on my phone has been different than the time on the other phones in my family. Anyone else having this issue?

My iPhone and my Watch are in sync in regard to the clock. Heck, even my son's iPad is displaying the exact same time right down to the second. But the way, I'm running iOS 9 Dev beta 5.

nck20

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing on the Developer Beta 5 & GM. Mine was 2 minutes ahead. Now I'm running 9.1 Developer Beta 1 and the clock is on time again. Probably some bug in DP 5 & GM.

jwilcoxe

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I just installed ios9 in my iPhone 6 and iPad Air; the iPad displays correct time but the iPhone is about 20 seconds fast. No amount of resetting or manual setting will affect the second hand. This will probably cause problems syching with a telescope that needs accurate geo and time information.

Mxsmanic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Since I installed iOS 9, clock accuracy has diminished by a factor of more than 3000. During the lifetime of iOS 8, clock accuracy improved by a factor of a hundred, going from one or two seconds off to ten milliseconds off. Now, with iOS 9 and 9.0.1, the clock continuously drifts from the correct time, potentially reaching a difference of minutes. The only treatment I've found is restoring the device from a backup, during which the device apparently finally syncs the clock—but that is hardly practical. This can cause problems with all sorts of activities, like two-factor authentication systems, remote control of machinery, etc. It amazes me that nobody tested something so basic.

Donivan

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
We did an informal survey at work. Everyone (6 people) with iOS9 on their iPhone and an Apple Watch (running WatchOS1 or 2) had no problems with the time. Everyone else that had iOS9 was off, sometimes by minutes. This is affected 2FA.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2