Will i be able to restore my iOS 9 Beta backup on the iPhone 6s with the official public iOS 9?

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Will i be able to restore my iOS 9 Beta backup on the iPhone 6s with the official public iOS 9

i opted to test run the iOS public beta when it was released - at the time i in stalled it on my iPhone, i didn't archive my iOS 8 backup before overwriting it with the iOS 9 back up on my computer so i have been running the iOS 9 beta ever since - (rather bug filled os at the time, sent a few feedbacks ) so point it is, i am about to sell my iPhone 6 and i just wasn't to know if it will be possible to install my beta iOS 9 back up on my computer on the iPhone 6s running the official stock iOS 9 when the phone e arrives.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will i be able to restore my iOS 9 Beta backup on the iPhone 6s with the official public iOS 9

Yes you will.

The Lannisters send their regards.

nonoydj07

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will i be able to restore my iOS 9 Beta backup on the iPhone 6s with the official public iOS 9

Your backup is from an IOS 9, restoring from that one should not be an issue, since your only updating it from the commercial version.

nonoydj07

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Your backup is from an IOS 9, restoring from that one should not be an issue, since your only updating it to the commercial version.

nonoydj07

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

It's IOS 9 back up, restoring it from that should not be an issue. Your only updating to the commercial version of the OS when it comes out

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Backups aren't backwards compatible, this means you can't put back a backup from iOS 8.4 to iOS 8. But the other way around works, even if it was a beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73