Iphone 5s Issues

SaNdS2015

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently behind everyone I am JB on 8.1.3 and I wanted to update to 8.4 and then JB but I'm getting an error when I try to use itunes to restore my iphone 5s back to a clean 8.1.3.

This is the error when extracting 8.1.3 switch

errorjpg.jpg

king_o_hill

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
You can't update to 8.4, as Apple is no longer signing that version of firmware. You can only update to the latest version of 8.4.1 which currently does not have a public jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I damn well can!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can't update to 8.4, as Apple is no longer signing that version of firmware. You can only update to the latest version of 8.4.1 which currently does not have a public jailbreak.

THIS is your answer. Further, you wouldn't need to restore to 8.1.3 of any variety to go to 8.4. In fact, that's an impossible task. You can update to something being signed. That will rarely be what you want to upgrade to get away from.

king_o_hill

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Oh, so sorry. That's my bad. I'm typically not confrontational, but I do know my crap.

Yes, after reading it now, I get it.

Again, sorry for the out burst.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, so sorry. That's my bad. I'm typically not confrontational, but I do know my crap.

Yes, after reading it now, I get it.

Again, sorry for the out burst.

How do you know your crap? Do you study it? Converse with it? Are you related to it?

SaNdS2015

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I know there is no jb for 8.4.1 but I thought there was for 8.4 that why I was going to move up but I guess not now. Based on what's being said no ipsw that isn't signed will no longer work? So that means no more jb

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know there is no jb for 8.4.1 but I thought there was for 8.4 that why I was going to move up but I guess not now. Based on what's being said no ipsw that isn't signed will no longer work? So that means no more jb

Yeah, unless you have an iOS device with the a4 chip, ( iPhone 4 and below, ipad2)
You cannot downgrade or use an unsigned ipsw.

There is some kind of loophole with a 4s I think where you can get iOS 6.1.3 and jail break that?
But if your jailbroken, stay where you are and tread carefully? If you need to restore you're out of luck!