Close all apps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No lol not ocd but if a app or app(s) is acting up its very convenient

You don't need to close them all because one misbehaves. At any given time, there's very few apps actually running in the background. I haven't closed all apps out in almost 2 years. I have 114 downloaded apps with about 106 mb free memory. It stays at around that number. iOS manages RAM very efficiently.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
By the way guys, if you run the iOS9 beta you'll notice there's almost a "clear all" button. In the notification settings you can chose to group notifications by apps, or not. I you chose not to, notifications will only be separated by days (if you have notifications older than the current day).

Note that you have to use the "Recent" sort order to have this option. It's not available with the manual sort order.

logeox

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
In the jailbreak community this has been available. I swipe down instead of up to dismiss all running tasks except those on my exception list. Which typically includes my pebble app, data usage app, music app and yahoo weather app. I do this sometimes to have no process interfere with my Bluetooth streaming to my music cooler. It's called Slide2kill8 Pro. They also have a tweak to clear all in the Notification Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In the jailbreak community this has been available. I swipe down instead of up to dismiss all running tasks except those on my exception list. Which typically includes my pebble app, data usage app, music app and yahoo weather app. I do this sometimes to have no process interfere with my Bluetooth streaming to my music cooler. It's called Slide2kill8 Pro. They also have a tweak to clear all in the Notification Center.

How do you know which ones are running?

logeox

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Let me rephrase... Anything in the task list. Don't really care which ones are running or not. Just need to get rid of one that might be using my cpu and memory, but instead of doing this one by one. I do it in one fell swoop.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let me rephrase... Anything in the task list. Don't really care which ones are running or not. Just need to get rid of one that might be using my cpu and memory, but instead of doing this one by one. I do it in one fell swoop.

It's like turning a light bulb on and off. It's better to just leave it on. It takes more resources to get them running again. Mostly battery.

logeox

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Not if it's costing performance. Since there's no clear indication which one is running and consuming resources that are causing streaming performance issue; It's better to kill them all. BT Audio streaming is not like wifi where the system will resend packets. Their is no real buffering, so what you get is bad audio signal. Lots of cutting out and static. No one like that's. We all know that the system should be handling this but like any computer, Their are good days and then theirs reality. The iPhone is grossly underspeced on Ram. Hopefully something that will be addressed with the next model. Most scenarios I would agree with you logic but for audio streaming it's best to kill them all in one fell swoop.

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
By the way guys, if you run the iOS9 beta you'll notice there's almost a "clear all" button. In the notification settings you can chose to group notifications by apps, or not. I you chose not to, notifications will only be separated by days (if you have notifications older than the current day).

Note that you have to use the "Recent" sort order to have this option. It's not available with the manual sort order.

It's something. I would love to see a close all for notifications in all ways of sorting (manual and recent).
I would also like to see a close all apps feature. I know that iOS will stop running apps in the background after a certain period of time.
But I did notice issues when your storage space is low and you have lots of apps still 'open' in the background that it causes slugginesh.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's the apps I have running. They're all stock apps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439989074.357399.jpg

There are other processes running that include some in other apps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439989131.754134.jpg

These processes running are necessary for the apps to do what I want them to do. If I regularly clear them out, it will take more resources to open them back up.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I know it's not the answer the many would like, but you can at least close multiple apps at a time, from what I can see up-to three (just swipe up using multi touch).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR