Do you think iOS will eventually have a quick charge feature?

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
One of the things that keeps me using my Samsung Galaxy S6 is the quick charge feature. Do you think ios will eventually release quick charge for their devices? It's certainly something I think about when my S6 charges from 0-100 in a little over an hour and my iPhone six plus takes over two hours to fully charge

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but a lot of people are satisfied with the current charging times for their device, especially those of us who typically charge our devices overnight.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
For me I have always been brought up with the thought that the slower the charge the better it is for your device, be it a phone or a car battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
One of the things that keeps me using my Samsung Galaxy S6 is the quick charge feature. Do you think ios will eventually release quick charge for their devices? It's certainly something I think about when my S6 charges from 0-100 in a little over an hour and my iPhone six plus takes over two hours to fully charge

If it does happen it will be a hardware change and not software, so to answer your question: No. iOS will never have a quick charge feature. However, the iPhone and iPad may very well have that feature some day.

NicNZ

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Quick charging is supported to an extent. Apple bundles a 1amp 5watt charger with iPhones yet they are fully capable of charging at 2.1amps and 10watts. So if you use a iPad charger or after market ones like a Belkin 2.1a charger then you will be able to quick charge. The charging tech in a iPhone is supplied by Qualcomm.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Quick charging is supported to an extent. Apple bundles a 1amp 5watt charger with iPhones yet they are fully capable of charging at 2.1amps and 10watts. So if you use a iPad charger or after market ones like a Belkin 2.1a charger then you will be able to quick charge. The charging tech in a iPhone is supplied by Qualcomm.

So I should theoretically be able to plug my 6s Plus into the Motorola quickcharge 2.0 charger from my previous phone, or the Aukey quickcharge 2.0 car charger I have and get a quicker charge than normal? I might have to try that out. That's one feature I really do miss.

NicNZ

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Yea it should work because of the amps and watts I would still recommend buying MFI one. Belkin and others make 2.1amp Chargers and there well priced.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It'll be nice to have in the long run. I always bring an Anker PowerCore+ 10050 with me. So I don't really worry about charging time.

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I always use my iPad charger to charge my iPhone, which charges it faster. But I would love for them to release a quick charge feature. I always just wonder if the battery lasts as long when it charges so fast.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I always use my iPad charger to charge my iPhone, which charges it faster. But I would love for them to release a quick charge feature. I always just wonder if the battery lasts as long when it charges so fast.

You should check out Anker's PowerPort. It charges your devices as fast as your devices can take.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
A lot of confusion here :raised-eyebrow:
Quick charge is an hardware implementation, not software, so it's not about iOS ...

Btw using an iPad 12W charger on the iPhone is faster than the standard charger, but still doesn't qualify as Quick Charge (that let you charge your phone from 0 to 85% in less than 30 minutes).

Said that, I'm happy Apple doesn't support that technology : fast charging a battery does no good to the battery itself. Considering the sealed battery of modern smartphones, I think fast charging is more of a marketing gimmick than an useful feature

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox