iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've got the 4s running ios 9 beta 3. I've noticed since the first beta that spotlight can only be accessed by swiping down (no left swipe) and also no wifi assist shows up in my cellular settings? Is this because of the device age? The wifi assist doesn't bother me, but I would love the left swipe for spotlight though.

Probably. My iPod Touch with the same specs doesn't have that screen either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Just loving that if I'm on the 1st page of my home screen and click on the home button, it doesn't do any thing. With iOS 6 and before it took us to the spotlight search screen.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's what I did. I thought the battery died so I plugged it in. After it wasn't turning on I pressed and held the home and lock buttons. It woke up with 100% battery. I didn't need it for that period of time, which was good. :)

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I would guess yes it's because of how old the 4s is... not the first time Apple has removed some functionality on older devices in the name of performance.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I've had the public beta 3 on my phone and iPad for about a week now and I have not had either reboot on me yet. Just an FYI. Loving it so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The main reason why I have the public beta instead of the Dev is because I will be able to update directly to the GM and the public release without using iTunes. And you don't need iTunes to get the public beta version in the first place. Win-Win. :)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This is new to me. It detects connections now and directs you to an app that you can use it with.
15f73c5b389794b067c6fbd90076e32f.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is new to me. It detects connections now and directs you to an app that you can use it with. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/18/15f73c5b389794b067c6fbd90076e32f.jpg

It's been there since iOS 8. In iOS 8, it also includes the suggestion to download apps from the App Store based on location proximity. In iOS 9, Apple has removed the "suggestions from the App Store" function - it only references apps already installed on your device.

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's been there since iOS 8. In iOS 8, it also includes the suggestion to download apps from the App Store based on location proximity. In iOS 9, Apple has removed the "suggestions from the App Store" function - it only references apps already installed on your device.

I saw the app recommendations but never this type of notification. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Milenkod

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Mine is definitely a lower number build ... And still keeps telling me via pop up that there's a new beta available. However still none in the Settings General Software Update

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember seeing this before in the Cellular tab of settings. View attachment 86932

This is actually super useful. I've been on super crappy wifi connections before and after a while just turn off wifi. So nice to have my phone do it for me.

Thanks for telling me. I'd have probably never noticed it.

Also I read through this entire thread and I have absolutely zero bugs that anyone has had. Guess I got really lucky haha.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I know what you mean. I've had real good luck with it so far. I've got it on my iPad mini and my IPod. And everything seems to be working great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR